Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
VP, Government Relations – State & Local Government
Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with talented filmmakers to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The film studio’s iconic logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as The Godfather, Chinatown, Forrest Gump and Titanic; and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, Mission: Impossible and Sonic the Hedgehog. Recent, innovative, break-out films such as The Wolf of Wall Street, Arrival, Rocketman, and A Quiet Place have added to Paramount’s film legacy. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount Pictures’ passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount Pictures controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, and Paramount Players. PPC operations also include Paramount Home Entertainment, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group. Paramount Pictures is a subsidiary of Paramount, which connects with billions of people worldwide through its global brands including MTV, CBS, Paramount Network, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and streaming service Paramount+.
The Vice President of Global Public Policy & Government Relations will report to the Senior Vice President – State & Local Government Relations and serve a leading role on the policy team. This role will assist in managing state and local legislative policy for Paramount Global television stations, broadcast, feature films, networks, streaming and other businesses. The Vice President will advocate public policy positions on behalf of the company and develop and maintain positive working relationships with relevant agency and elected officials! The Vice President will also support physical production, as needed.
Overview and Responsibilities:
• Support the SVP
• Advocating company positions before the state and local government agencies.
• Analyzing legislative proposals and advising on needed amendments.
• Monitoring for potential legislative proposals.
• Monitor production incentives across the U.S.
• Assist SVP in determining political contributions
• Coordinating public policy advocacy with other media companies, trade associations and other stakeholders.
• Manage relationships with trade associations
• Working closely with our business divisions to align policy messaging and achieve company goals.
• Facilitating the company’s compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
• Supervising consultants and lobbyists.
• Trouble-shooting physical production partners’ needs, such as Visas, film permits, tax credit processing, etc.
• Managing project budgets.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 10+ years of experience in government agency, corporation, trade association or large national or regional law firm.
• Experience in drafting/analyzing legislation.
• Proven ability to design and implement an advocacy strategy for targeted issues.
• Demonstrated ability to build positive working relationships with government officials.
• Detail-oriented, possess excellent writing, communication and organization skills, and be able to manage multiple simultaneous assignments with timely deadlines.
• Excellent analytical skills
• Experience as a team manager.
• Must attend numerous in-person meetings and events.
• Work in office 2-3 days/week, or as determined by Paramount Global senior management.
• Travel within the U.S. as needed.
• J.D. preferred
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Job posted: 2022-06-14