Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
VP/Managing Director of Public Affairs
Have you worked in media and/or software sales selling to public affairs groups, trade associations or the agencies that service them? Have you built a career in public affairs or government relations and are interested in leveraging your experience in sales? Are you looking to join a highly ambitious tech startup?
If your answer is yes to the above, you may have found the perfect match!
Cross Screen Media is currently conducting a candidate search for an individual with senior-level experience in public affairs to serve as Vice President/Managing Director of its Public Affairs vertical. The successful candidate will have significant government affairs experience, including but not limited to work on the Hill, with trade associations, and/or a public affairs firm(s). Heavy focus will be on fostering new relationships with public affairs firms at the national, regional and local level. The successful candidate will be responsible for mapping the public affairs vertical, developing a go-to-market strategy, and working closely with product and finance teams to develop a value proposition that is unique and compelling for the target customer audience.
Cross Screen Media is founded by industry veterans and has established itself in politics as the go-to media analytics & planning software. We give our customers a new way to plan and execute video advertising campaigns by using a common currency for TV and digital. We pride ourselves on our ability to drive exponential increases in our customers’ success & revenue. As we continue to grow our team and expand our footprint, we’re looking for individuals ready to take the next step in their career. That’s where you come in…
We are seeking a highly motivated, career-oriented individual with senior-level experience in the public affairs/government relations space to join our team as Vice President/Managing Director of Public Affairs. We provide a fast-paced, energetic work environment. This is a full time, paid position.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 8+ years of relevant experience working at–and selling media and/or software to–government relations departments, public affairs organizations, trade associations, and/or the agencies that service them.
- Relevant experience includes, but not limited to, working in Federal, state, or local government relations, public affairs, and issue advocacy campaigns.
- Software as a Service sales experience is a plus.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment standard in growing start-up.
- A passion for sales and helping build a company.
- A skillful talent combined with an entrepreneurial mentality who has no problem networking and forging relationships with new people, in addition to performing management duties.
- Confident presence; excellent communication/listening skills.
- Desire to be successful and grow professionally with other passionate, high performers.
- Identify prospects and new business opportunities
- Develop and manage sales pipeline with a high volume of accounts
- Leverage existing relationships and build new relationships with key agencies in the public affairs & advocacy space
- Execute sales strategies to meet aggressive financial goals and drive new, incremental revenue opportunities
- Provide recommendations for our technology development roadmap based on the challenges your customers face
- Willingness for extensive travel to relevant meetings.
- Once practice is established and growing, recruit and manage additional junior personnel to expand reach and expertise.
- Take advantage of internal and external networking opportunities to enhance professional development and agency/office visibility.
What we offer:
- Competitive base-pay and commission structure (OTE $300k+)
- Collaborative and creative atmosphere, with inspired leadership
- Career advancement opportunities
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance packages
- Competitive 401k with company match
- Unlimited paid-time off
- A better work-life balance than you’d expect in a software startup!
Job posted: 2022-01-12