Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
VP, Marketing and Digital
Inova is Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova’s 20,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes.
Inova’s five hospitals are consistently recognized by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals and Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades for excellence in healthcare.
Inova is home to Northern Virginia’s only Level 1 Trauma Center and Level 4 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Its hospitals have a total of 1,936 licensed beds. More information and statistics about Inova can be found at www.inova.org.
The Inova Marketing team works across the health care system to promote the services and capabilities available at Inova’s five hospitals, 11 clinical service lines, and numerous care sites. The team partners with many groups across the organization, including Strategy, HR, Clinical Enterprise, Quality and Safety, Patient Relations, IT, Foundation and each of the system’s clinical service lines.
The Vice President, Marketing and Digital reports into and partners with the Chief Communications and External Affairs Officer who oversees communications, marketing, and government relations. The primary responsibility of this role is to develop the system marketing strategy for the organization, inclusive of marketing plans for 11 clinical service lines, five hospitals and a large ambulatory presence. The VP, Marketing and Digital has a keen understanding of how to build brands, grow market share and drive preference while bringing integrated planning, digital, and media expertise. In addition, this leader has responsibility for the digital strategy for the organization, inclusive of managing inova.org, the intranet and digital marketing.
- The Vice President, Marketing will partner with the Chief Communications and External Affairs Officer to set the marketing strategy for the Inova Health System.
- Develop marketing strategies and plans to drive consideration and conversion, targeting potential patients, community physicians, and partner organizations.
- Partners closely with stakeholders around the organization including Executive Leadership, extended Marketing team (inclusive of Communications and Government Relations), Patient Experience, Physician Relations, and the Clinical Enterprise to enhance the organization’s visibility and build community awareness, engagement, and favorable sentiment through integrated strategies.
- Responsible for the creative direction of the brand as it relates to digital, social, collateral and out of home environments, including how it gets applied with partnerships and joint ventures.
- Partners with other members of the team on content strategy in support of marketing objectives.
- Leads digital strategy and digital marketing, and can strategically plan campaigns and execute online and offline marketing initiatives, integrating online media, email, social media, company website, SEO/SEM strategy development with offline components such as broadcast, out of home and print.
- Drives the overall CRM strategy for the marketing organization and understands how to integrate it with other parts of the enterprise.
- Measure the impact of work by establishing the right KPIs, developing reports and communicating results with leadership and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Responsible for physician marketing (B2B) and patient marketing (B2C) and creating appropriate plans for each.
- Partners closely with creative team to develop strong, on-brand content and messaging for owned channels and earned media.
- Partner with other leaders on the Marketing, Communications and Government Relations teams to enhance the organization’s visibility and build community awareness, engagement, and favorable sentiment through integrated strategies.
- Evaluate partnership opportunities with a lens of how it could advance Inova’s organizational priorities.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree is business, marketing, communications or related field of study.
- Minimum 12+ years of relevant professional experience in Consumer or Healthcare Marketing. Understanding of B2B and B2C marketing important.
- Smart, curious, creative marketer who is excited by the opportunity to work in healthcare and appreciates the privilege of serving our community.
- Strong strategic skills and the ability to manage and orchestrate multiple service line campaigns simultaneously.
- Expertise in managing a digital team and creating a digital strategy in support of advancing the organization’s goals.
- Inspiring leader who can motivate, encourage and support the growth of the team.
- Collaborative worker – able to lead but can also work side by side with team to do the work.
- Results-oriented, focused on measurable outcomes and experience in optimizing plans for best performance.
- Strong executive presence and comfortable working with senior leaders.
- Familiar with building and organizing marketing teams in order to facilitate cross-department collaboration and integrated plans.
- Well-connected in the industry and can bring in the right agencies/partners to help Inova achieve its goals.
Inova is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job posted: 2022-01-05