VP, NFL Social
The NFL is now hiring a VP of the NFL Social to become a key leader within a world-class marketing team responsible for three critical departments:
- Strategic editorial, social programming & content deployment across all primary NFL social handles/platforms (@NFL, @NFLNetwork, @Checkdown, @Throwback, etc.)
- Drive emerging platform innovation and league social livestreams
- Management of existing high performing social team
- Direct engagement and thought leadership with social platform partnerships
- Maximize revenue opportunities through Social via Sales, Sponsorship, etc.
An effective candidate must be able to link NFL business objectives to innovative social comm’s strategies in order to deliver actionable opportunities across the entire NFL social eco-system.
In addition, it is the VP’s responsibility partner with other sr. level stakeholders to continue shaping our social strategies that impact nearly every dept. within the NFL including:
- Brand Consumer
- Player Ops
- Sponsorships/Consumer Products
- NFL Network/NFL Films
- Business Development
- Marketing Strategy & Sciences
- New/Existing Partners (i.e. Twitter, FB, IG, Snap, TikTok, GIPHY, Clubhouse, etc.)
- Drive our social strategy broadly and clearly throughout the League
- Manage team of strong and high performing individuals
- Become a thought leader and expert with regards to the broader social landscape
- Continue developing and evaluating a clear social strategy across all NFL handles
- Gatekeeper and leader of the entire NFL social editorial calendar
- Partner with Business Development and platform partners to deliver against new contracts & renewals
- Lead 1st ever innovations particularly around tentpole moments with key partners such as Twitter, FB/IG, Snap, TikTok, etc.
- Collaborate and create synergies between social and other disciplines e.g. PR, Consumer Products, Sponsorships, Brand Consumer Marketing, Influencer Marketing, etc.
- Continue increasing revenue via integrated Sales / Sponsorship
- Stay connected to the League priorities and identify new opportunities for collaboration as well as deeper and more emotional storytelling
- Oversee NFL approach to social analytics & listening with League, Players, Clubs, and Influencers
- Key stakeholder in ensuring the move to the new LA offices at Hollywood Park are smooth and successful for the Social team
- Speak on relevant social panels to establish the NFL as a true innovator within the sports entertainment landscape
- Continue to stay hungry and curious – constantly bringing new insights, ideas and opportunities
to the League
Required Education and Experience:
- 12+ Years of world class consumer marketing experience with track record of positive performance
- Exceptional communication skills (Oral and Written). Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with senior management. Experience with marketing-related public speaking engagements a plus.
- 4+ years of team management experience. Demonstrated expertise in building, developing, and coaching a team of marketing professionals.
- Superior Leadership Skills; demonstrated ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers across the org.
- Strong Strategic Ability, Analytical Skills, and Bias for Action
- Strong analytical and data skills. Ability to interpret ongoing research data and media reports to guide, influence, and expertly inform communication recommendations
- Effective internal management skills related to scope definition, ongoing deliverables, etc.
- Experience working together with senior mgmt. with a focus on collegiate, clubs, influencers, and social media
- Ability to establish dynamic relationships with partners within the music, gaming, fashion, and fitness genres as well as talent agencies, media partners, publicists, managers, etc.
- A sports fan in general, and more specifically an NFL fan.
- Energetic, Flexible, Collaborative
Preferred Education and Experience:
- BA/BS from undergraduate university with degree in marketing, communications, or related field; MBA or commensurate preferred.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-06-01