Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
VP of Government Relations and Community Development
The VP of Government Relations and Community Development identifies individuals and organizations at the local, state and national level in government, community and business settings that can assist LifeBridge Health, Inc. in achieving its goals. Develops relationships with those entities in order to enhance LifeBridge planning, financial development, facilities development, clinical delivery and other areas as identified.
Development: Identifies key issues of concern to LifeBridge Health for which there is governmental oversight in order to develop LifeBridge positions on those issues.
- Identifies key peers in other health systems and associations and advocacy groups and develops relationships and, where possible, common policy agendas with them.
- Identifies opportunities to obtain funding from local, state and federal sources and implements strategies to achieve these goals.
- Develops programs regarding government relations and community development activity for the various boards, medical staffs and corporate departments within LifeBridge Health in order to obtain internal grassroots support for advancement of key issues.
Liaison: Identifies and develops relationships with key elected officials and their staff, as well as appointed governmental staff, at all levels of government.
- Establishes an appropriate presence before governmental bodies at all levels and with applicable community organizations.
- Determines and implements lobbying and community relations strategies that support policy activity.
- Supervises contract lobbyists who assist in strategic lobbying activity at all levels of government.
- Develops and maintains databases of government leaders and agencies whose work impacts LifeBridge Health operations.
- Holds legislative briefings as needed for elected officials and staff at all levels of government regarding LifeBridge Health policy recommendations and funding needs.
Community Development: Determines the scope of community development activity in which LifeBridge should participate and facilitates appropriate involvement.
- Represents LifeBridge Health before governmental and community entities to ensure that the communities surrounding our institutions remain stable and/or are redeveloped in a manner that complements LifeBridge Health institutions and the communities.
- Enlists participation of Board members, staff and the community to spur appropriate redevelopment
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Seasoned professional knowledge; equivalent to a Master’s degree; knowledge in more than one discipline
- Degree in Law, Political Science, Public Policy, or Healthcare Administration
- 7+ years of experience
As a condition of employment, if not already completed, all new hires are required to receive the first dose of the COVID-19 Vaccination Series prior to their Occupational Health pre-employment assessment, and scheduled to complete the Vaccine Series within the first thirty (30) days of employment.
As one of the largest health care providers in Maryland, with 13,000 team members, We strive to CARE BRAVELY for over 1 million patients annually. LifeBridge Health includes Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, Northwest Hospital, Carroll Hospital, Levindale Hebrew Geriatric Center and Hospital and Grace Medical Center, as well as our Community Physician Enterprise, Center for Hope, Practice Dynamics, and business partners: LifeBridge Health & Fitness, ExpressCare and HomeCare of Maryland.
Job posted: 2023-05-08