Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
VP- Policy & Government Affairs
ChargeNet Stations is building the electric vehicle charging solution of the future. As more electric vehicles hit the road, our mission is to develop a charging experience that delivers low-cost renewable charging to quick-serve restaurant customers while providing much-needed reliability to the grid, all while providing a clean, super-friendly user experience.
Our cloud-based software optimizes and stacks solar, storage, and charging into one consolidated solution that can be seamlessly integrated into retail and restaurant point-of-sale systems. By further utilizing consumer data, we optimize customer electric vehicle charging, allowing for increased operational efficiency and station utilization.
This position will be responsible for prospecting, building pipeline and opportunity management within an assigned territory in the fast-growing Electric Vehicle (EV) charging industry.
- Set ChargeNet’s public policy priorities and ship effective strategies for furthering them
- Stay abreast of quickly developing policy and regulatory landscape
- Cultivate relationships with thought leaders in the NFT and blockchain technology space
- Manage policymaker education and engagement on web3 and NFTs
- Write and support development of policy position papers
- Provide practical guidance to cross-functional teams on both big picture and day-to-day policy issues that will impact ChargeNet’s future
- Spearhead industry self-regulatory initiatives
- 10+ years of public policy, government affairs/relations, and/or policy development experience, preferably in-house
- Subject matter expert on renewable energy, battery energy storage, EV charging infrastructure, and how federal infrastructure funding is going to deploy to meet the goals stated
- Track record of identifying and executing creative solutions to address public policy and government relations challenges and opportunities
- Experience developing and launching policy campaigns/initiatives, public policy position papers, and industry initiatives
- Experience working for or closely with policymakers and policy influencers, particularly at the US Dept. of Energy, EPA, GSA, and other federal and state agencies
- Degree in Political Science, Policy or equivalent or proof of knowledge via certificates
- Knowledge of power, energy, and electrical physics and markets
- Familiarity with CRM platforms (Hubspot, Salesforce, etc)
- Working in or experience working in utility and multi-agency working groups
- Connections to QSR interest groups
- Experience working in a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive environment
- Start-up experience
However you identify or whatever your path to us, please apply if you see a position that makes your heart sing. Come join ChargeNet and help us build a company where you’re making a difference to the health of the planet.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. ChargeNet is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to work every day.
ChargeNet is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
Job posted: 2022-04-30