VP Public Affairs
Reporting to the Executive Vice President and General Counsel, the VP, Public Affairs is a strategic leader who supports and promotes the initiatives of the Company, and builds constituent and influencer support to affect important decision-making and policy debates. This position will be responsible for collaborating with corporate communications, marketing, investor relations, ESG and regulatory and government relations to ensure consistent, coherent communications across all departments and communication outlets.
Key Job Activities:
• Protect and grow the corporate brand and reputation and support the Company’s business plan, objectives and initiatives through external communications and external stakeholder engagement.
• Manage the planning, development, implementation, maintenance, expansion, and evaluation of the Public Affairs department programs, projects, and activities.
• Manage the selection, training, development, supervision, and evaluation of the Public Affairs department staff, creating and maintaining a well-functioning, cohesive, collaborative, and high impact staff team.
• Develop strategy for and execute plan to build constituent and influencer support globally to affect decision-making and policy debates regarding policy matters of importance to the Company.
• Provide communications and strategic campaign support on any matter requiring a coordinated political communications effort, including handling community relations, political engagement, publicity and social media, and mobilization of grassroots support.
• Execute plan to establish and reinforce Stericycle as a market and thought leader in regulated medical waste, compliance services, secure information and document destruction, sustainability and other areas in relevant communication channels and with relevant third parties.
• Develop and manage close relationships with senior management team and business units to support consistent messaging in all areas.
Experience (North America & LATAM):
• Bachelor’s degree required in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or similar applicable field
• Master’s Degree preferred.
• 12+ years of experience in a combination of corporate communications, marketing, public affairs, or related experience at a senior level
• Has experience in political campaigns, government and/or a highly regulated industry, i.e., healthcare, waste, transportation, energy, or finance
• Extensive experience successfully leading important issue and policy campaigns.
• Minimum of five years prior experience developing and managing teams.
• Extensive communications experience in the public affairs and crisis communications space, ideally in a mix of corporate and agency environments.
• Deep understanding of a wide range of communications channels, tools and vehicles.
Certifications and/or Licenses:
Stericycle offers a competitive salary and full benefits package including tuition reimbursement and job specific certifications included but not limited to forklift certification.
The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws. To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-04