VP, Public Policy
WHO WE ARE
– Identify emerging public policy issues particularly focused on innovation, market structure and competitive dynamics.
– Perform research and analysis, and prepare succinct analysis and talking points to develop and support company’s public policy positions.
– Work with legislative, regulatory, external affairs, and corporate communications teams to build creative public and opinion-leader support for the company’s positions.
– Work with internal and outside experts in economics, engineering, law, and other disciplines, and with trade associations, think tanks and academics to develop policy analysis and advocacy.
– Engage company’s business units regarding public policy issues and market developments, and develop and execute comprehensive plans to address them.
– Represent company at external events, including participation on expert panels and in events and activities with other thought leaders.
– Advanced economics degree, or JD combined with undergraduate economics degree, 5-10 years of public policy, market analysis, or business strategy experience.
– Wide-ranging substantive expertise and strong analytic skills in public policy, competitive and market dynamic issues affecting the communications, tech, and media sectors strongly preferred.
– Demonstrated ability to write and speak clearly and persuasively to a variety of audiences is essential.
– Track record as a strong and effective leader and proven ability to collaborate with diverse, cross-functional teams to execute complex projects.
– Proven track record using campaign techniques to build coalitions and work effectively with advocacy organizations and think tanks.
– Excellent research and analytic skills.
– Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with consistently high quality work product.
– Approximately 10-20% travel.
Job posted: 2020-07-06