Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
VP, Public Policy & Government Affairs
The Vice President of Public Policy and Government Affairs will be expected to have experience on Capitol Hill and have the skills and relationships to lead the government affairs function of the organization. The incumbent is responsible for the development and execution of government relations strategies and the day-to-day management of government relations at the state and federal levels. This role requires significant experience with government and regulatory agencies, political affairs, public policy, grassroots advocacy, management, and industry affairs.
FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation is the holding company for North American based FUJIFILM companies operating in many states across the US, as well as in Canada, Brazil and Colombia and engaged in the research, development, manufacture, sale and service of FUJIFILM products. The company serves a broad spectrum of industries in the U.S. including medical and life sciences, electronic, chemical, graphic arts, information systems, broadcast, and photography.
This position is located in the Washington, DC area.
- Partner with the CAO, CEO and Regional Executive Leadership Team to define the strategic direction of the organization’s policy and advocacy objectives and the investments necessary to achieve those objectives.
- Serve as a member of the organization’s Senior Leadership Team and contribute to the achievement of high impact Organization-approved goals.
- Lead the process to develop, grow and maintain an influential position for the organization impacting federal public policy initiatives.
- Develop strategic direction and tactics to advance Fujifilm’s priorities and federal policy agenda working closely with Ally organization executives; drive consensus-building efforts with Allies and within the organization.
- Oversee and ensure an effective key, influential stakeholder outreach program to support the Region in promoting the organization’s strategic objectives with top subject matter expert leaders.
- Support the development of policy positions and strategies to advance the interests of Fujifilm.
- Anticipate emerging government, public, or community/social issues of importance and position Fujifilm to address those issues.
- Serve as the trusted, internal thought leader on legislative, and public-sector matters, as well as on public sector strategic decisions and the impact of these decisions.
- Represent Fujifilm on leading coalitions poised to impact and drive the organization’s policy objectives.
- Develop working relationship with key leaders and policy makers, including but not limited to elected and appointed legislative and congressional staff; administrative and regulatory officials and staff, and other leaders in the federal executive and legislative branches, with a key focus on those with jurisdictional influence over health care funding, coverage, access and development.
- Develop policies, strategies, processes and plans for communicating to diverse groups in a clear, strategic, and sensitive professional manner.
- Lead presentations to the Board, Allies and other relevant stakeholders to build consensus.
- Undergraduate degree required; postgraduate degree in a relevant field preferred
- 15 years of successful leadership experience leading and managing advocacy and public policy teams in a corporate, association, and/or Capitol Hill/Administration setting.
- Organizational leadership and management experience, the ability to motivate others to advance goals, and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects or roles in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Experience as a political strategist, working closely with executive and legislative bodies, agencies, and departments at the state and federal level.
- Ability to work with members in the development of policy positions with the goal of producing aligned agendas that further organizational priorities; demonstrated skills in leading consensus-building processes.
- Sound understanding of legislative processes and regulatory programs that impact and its Ally organizations.
- Outstanding personal communicator with the stature and presence to represent the organization at industry forums and events, legislative arenas with stakeholders, partners, and other trade associations, and a track record of nurturing positive relationships with legislators, administrators, and lobbyists, as well as with senior management.
- The ability to persuasively communicate complex concepts and programs into concise and credible messages at the highest levels of government and business, with a proven track record of delivering high-volume and high-quality work.
- Executive presence and strong verbal, written and public speaking and presentation skills, for both internal and external audiences.
- The ability to balance multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities to achieve a positive outcome.
- Ability to navigate high-impact and complex situations.
- An eagerness to execute a hands-on approach to build credibility, relationships, and knowledge.
- A collaborative style, interactive with the courage and conviction to challenge and defend ideas and strategies; ability to offer creative pathways or alternative solutions both internally and externally.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
Fujifilm is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation, and any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
If COVID-19 vaccine is mandated by the federal government, or by state or local government, the Company will require that the successful candidate hired for positions covered under relevant government vaccine mandate(s) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to medical or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For all positions, the Company encourages vaccination against COVID-19 and may require that the successful candidate hired be willing to test for the COVID-19 virus periodically and wear a face covering indoors absent being granted an accommodation due to medical or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Fujifilm about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Fujifilm via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Fujifilm, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Fujifilm for this requisition and a valid agreement with Fujifilm is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Fujifilm agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-11-15