VP of Public Relations
SAIC has an opening for a Public Relations VP. The position can be worked 100% remotely.
Overview: This role will be responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of public relations activities relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the organization and its leadership. This individual will be an ambassador for the organization and will need to build relationships with the media. The goal is to advance the organization’s position with relevant constituents, as well as to drive broader awareness and support reputation management activities for the organization.
The successful candidate will lead a team of public relations and insights professionals, fully collaborating will all departments across the company and the communications function.
• Developing and executing public relations initiatives, such as promotional events and thought leadership strategies, using data to inform the strategies
• Directing and managing the media relations effort for the company, preparing spokespeople (media training) for interviews, drafting background materials, messaging, talking points and more
• Building and maintaining relationships with and pitch story ideas to key journalists who cover the sector, including the financial media
• Collaborating with internal business partners and communications colleagues to create public relations plans focused on internal efforts, thought leadership activities, media relations, social/digital and marketing and all other communications workstreams
• Supporting event, video and other applicable projects that tell and amplify the company’s story
• Building and maintaining relationships with defense and civilian government public affairs officers
• Providing insightful, informed and strategic communications counsel to business leaders
• Managing multiple workstreams and projects simultaneously
Reports to the VP of Corporate Communications
A minimum of 15 years of experience as a program communicator/media relations practitioner or equivalent in the government contracting space.
College degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
At least 8 years of communications management experience. Experience as a journalist or news producer preferred.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC’s vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC’s vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $200,001 – $225,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation’s technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers’ missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-04