VP Public Relations Creator
VP Public Relations Creator
The VP Public Relations Creator is responsible for identifying narratives within Fairway that illustrate our success, our message, and our core values, writing those stories in media-friendly forms, and effectively distributing them to maximize publication in digital, print, and social media forums. Works extensively across all Fairway departments, communicating with teammates to anticipate areas to focus on. Develops and maintain extensive relationships with mortgage- and real estate-focused media outlets and individuals to maximize publicity opportunities
Who You Are:
You are a writer and public relations expert with deep knowledge of the mortgage industry and deep connections with the media outlets that cover it.
Why You’re Interested In Us:
Perhaps you are running a small company and are tired of it. Or, perhaps you are part of a PR firm, but are seeking a more central role with more authority and responsibility.
Why We Might Be the Place For You:
You will be THE storytelling nerve center for a national top-5, fast-growing mortgage company, responsible for identifying stories, creating the most effective print and digital content reflecting those stories, and identifying the most effective means of getting those stories in front of the public.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic knowledge and understanding of a variety of loan programs: Conventional, FHA, USDA, VA, and secondary marketing guidelines to manage complex loan level issues, etc.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of all existing and emerging investor loan products, guidelines, incentives, and rate sheets
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of price, volume, marketing, and supply and demand relationships
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of current business acumen
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of mortgage lending processes, procedures, and regulations
- Solid knowledge and understanding of organizing people, tasks, and activities to yield efficient work flow
- Solid knowledge and understanding of mortgage servicing best practices
- Solid knowledge and understanding of customer service and interpersonal best practices
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and work experience
- 10+ years demonstrated experience creating and delivering effective, successful PR campaigns in the mortgage industry including writing releases and articles, maintaining extensive relationships with media outlets, and managing corporate awards efforts.
- Demonstrated experience researching information, problem solving, and making solid business decisions
- Demonstrated experience reporting, analyzing, interpreting, and critical thinking
- Demonstrated experience communicating with all levels of management
- Demonstrated experience effectively managing relationships with internal and external partners
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast paced and changing environment
- Demonstrated experience with attention to detail, time management, written and oral communication, multi-tasking, and working in a team atmosphere adhering to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office software products
- Demonstrated experience discussing complex business and technology issues with business users and customers
- Local travel may be required for company or career-related meetings, programs, and/or events. Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) may also be required.
Prefer candidates who can work in our Madison, WI office per covid considerations below*, but also open to 100% remote for qualified candidates.
Due to current pandemic, this position will start 100% work from home/remote. Position will work remotely for the foreseeable future, but candidates would then work out of our Madison, WI office when management communicates plan to do so. For more information on our covid-19 safety protocols, please inquire with our recruiter.
Job posted: 2021-03-10