Tallahassee, FL, Baton Rouge, LA, Austin, TX
Responsible for leading all state government relations initiatives across all lines of business in assigned state and/or region, and surrounding markets as directed. Must have documented experience in assigned state and/or region influencing political, regulatory, and advocacy groups. Leads strategic policy and planning initiatives in support of our company business priorities, providing guidance and political insight to business leadership. Establishes and manages key relationships with state regulators, elected officials at all levels, and advocates so as to maintain a day- to-day understanding of state activities and possible impact to our company. Key leader in promoting sound public policy in line with our company mission and values.
• Serves as member of the executive leadership team internally for assigned state and/or region. Engages in all key decisions with impact on state government leaders and regulators. Advises internal stakeholders as to the government relations impact operational decisions may have.
• Positions our company as a key thought leader in the healthcare space, with an eye to existing and future business opportunities.
• Builds and maintains a government relations team in assigned state and/or region with a focus on addressing any issue across all branches of state government. This includes contract lobbyists and consultants as appropriate.
• Creates a company presence across both political parties and with key thought leaders across the assigned state and/or region.
• Builds and maintains a detailed understanding of the lines of business operating in the market including but not limited to engaging in the rate setting process with internal leadership and key regulators.
• Serves as the external facing contact and leader for positioning our company with state influencers and elected officials and regulators.
• Works in coordination with corporate government relations, legal, regulatory, and the business to monitor and influence state agendas so as to positively impact our business development and growth strategies.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education: BA/BS Degree
Experience: 10+ years – Previous government affairs experience in the State
Other Job Requirements
• Largely in-State travel.
• Attendance of after-hours fundraisers and other functions/events, as needed.
• Demonstrated understanding of the executive and legislative branch budgeting and policy process.
• Established network of relationships.
• Reputation for excellence and execution.
• Strong communication skills.
• Education: Masters Public Health or Law Degree Preferred
• Good problem solving skills, excellent communication skills, independent, organized, self-starter
General Job Information
Bachelors: Public Administration (Required), JDLicense and Certifications – Required
License and Certifications – Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Attendance of after-hours fundraisers and other functions/events, as needed. Demonstrated understanding of the executive and legislative branch budgeting and policy process. Established network of relationships. Reputation for excellence and execution. Strong communication skills. Self starter with strong problem solving skills., Previous government affairs experience.Competencies
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Learn more here
Job Posted: September 1, 2017