VP, US Government Affairs
The Managed Funds Association, based in Washington, DC and New York, represents the global alternative investment industry and its investors by advocating for regulatory, tax, and other public policies that foster efficient, transparent, and fair capital markets.
The Vice President, Government Affairs will work closely with the Managing Director, Government Affairs on developing and executing MFA policy and lobbying strategy. This person will execute on advocacy directly with policymakers both in conjunction with the members of the Government Affairs team as well as independently. This position will act as liaison to MFA substantive policy committees.
This position will track and analyze legislation and will write executive summaries of policy developments. This position will contribute to the GR[SH1] team’s content to advocacy documents, MFA publications, and Board materials.
· Manage a broad network of contacts with policymakers.
· Contribute to the development of MFA’s overall advocacy strategy.
· Direct lobbying efforts across a broad range of MFA priorities to achieve desired outcomes for MFA members.
· Act as staff liaison to MFA substantive policy committees and will regularly present on policy and advocacy developments.
· Actively participate in MFA lobbying activities including Members of Congress and staff outreach, conducting meetings and maintaining relationships with Members of Congress and staff, as well as other outreach on MFA policy priorities.
· Track, analyze, and draft executive summaries for Congressional, Administration, and Agency activities, including hearings, floor action, relevant press briefings, and announcements impacting the financial services industry.
· Attend Congressional fundraising functions on behalf of the GR team.
· Organize and plan selected events such as Tax Advocacy and Data Protection Advocacy Days on Capitol Hill.
· Monitor relevant news publications and Congressional Committee and Agency websites for issues that could impact the global alternative investment industry.
· Contribute to MFA’s member publication (MFA Rundown), which covers relevant government relations issues, including, real-time legislative updates and analysis to be sent to the Association’s membership.
· Maintain policy issue briefs and other educational collateral used for advocacy and engagement.
· Ensure the standardization and quality control of the Government Affairs team’s communications, including MFA’s website.
- Possess a large network of relationships with policymakers and staff who sit on Committees of jurisdiction.
- Possess a network of relationships with staff at other organizations that do policy work
- Bachelor’s Degree (Legal Degree is a plus)
- Minimum 5-10 years+ of policy development, lobbying and trade association experience
- Must have substantive knowledge of policymaking process
- Strong communication and writing skills required
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-04