Workplace Public Relations Manager
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 7 years of experience in public relations or external communications
- Experience with thinking strategically, creatively solving problems, and executing on multiple projects simultaneously in fast-paced environments
- Experience working across all levels of an organization
- Experience working with colleagues in different countries and understanding cultural differences
- Solid media relationships and proven track record of issue management and crisis communications experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
About the job
As a member of the Global Communications & Public Affairs team, you will work cross-functionally to help communicate with journalists and other thought leaders; devise specific communications materials and campaigns; engage in face-to-face meetings with commentators and other opinion formers; and develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns. We’re looking for great communicators who can understand complex issues and explain them in person and also via well written, simple blog posts, FAQs, video scripts and more.
In this role, you will work on external communications for our People Operations team, with an emphasis on Google’s work culture, our efforts to improve workforce diversity, and manage complex issues in the press regarding Google’s workplace.
We help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders–and our own employees–about the benefits of Google’s products, our distinctive company culture/values and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. You are quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious. To succeed in this role, you are willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. Things happen quickly at Google, and to do great work, you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across PR, Communications, Marketing, Product, and beyond.
- Work with cross-functional teams to address tough issues and perform crisis management
- Manage and respond to issues in the press regarding our workplace, including partnering with our People and Culture teams to appropriately respond
- Write compelling communications materials, including statements, story pitches, and blog posts
- Develop and maintain close productive relationships with journalists, key partners, and influencers in the consumer and business press
- Train and provide advice to company officials for press conferences and media interviews
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-08-17