Writer/Content Creator – Media Relations/Public Affairs
kglobal, a full-service communications firm headquartered in Washington, D.C., is looking for a media-savvy Writer/Content Creator for a D.C.-based position supporting our clients, particularly those in the federal government and military sectors. Above all else, this involves creating engaging written materials, copy, and content for both print and digital channels that effectively communicate our clients’ key messages to their target audiences.
What You’ll Do:
- Write compelling content for a variety of deliverables, including op-eds, blog posts, white papers, web copy, social media copy, longform articles, and more.
- Develop strategies for creating, distributing, and leveraging content in service of client goals
- Own the entire content creation process from start to finish, including coming up with original ideas, conducting necessary research, interfacing with client representatives during the ideation and drafting processes, editing drafts, and pitching completed pieces to the news media and other external validators.
- Constantly bring creative new ideas to the table to help client spokespeople and thought leaders break through the clutter and reach their target audiences through original content.
- Tactically execute key project functions with minimal daily oversight, while also working with junior members of the team to keep things on track.
- Communicate closely with kglobal leadership and senior members of client teams to craft written content that meets strategic goals.
Who You Are:
- Communications professional with at least 3-5 years of experience working in the media and communications field. An understanding of the federal government and/or U.S. military is preferred.
- Someone who gets the written word: our ideal candidate has worked as a journalist, speechwriter, copywriter, author, or other type of content creator.
- Friendly and comfortable in a client-facing role: you will work closely with our clients on various accounts, and should be comfortable engaging with them on a regular basis.
- Intellectually curious: you enjoy engaging with unfamiliar topics and gaining enough fluency in order to develop original ideas and arguments for publication.
- Go-getter: you proactively do what it takes to get the job done and take initiative.
- Team player: you chip in when your team needs help and willingly complete tasks not necessarily stated in your job description.
If interested, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please cite any specific examples of your published writing or past media opportunities.
There is no clearance requirement for this position.
kglobal is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-04