Writer, Executive Communications
Support the executive communications team by helping draft a high-volume of speeches, briefings, social media posts, and op-eds for Chamber executives. Write blog posts, talking points, press statements, a widely read monthly newsletter, and both short- and long-form pieces, among other materials.
· Write speeches, talking points, op-eds, and columns on deadline.
· Produce sharp social media content to help amplify messages and events.
· Interact with the president, CEO, and other senior executives.
· Understand major Chamber policies and how to communicate them.
· Help develop messaging on policies.
· Draft regular communications to the board, members, executives, and employees.
· Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, journalism, political science, economics, or a related field.
· 2-5 years in a writing-intensive communications role; speechwriting or comparable writing experience for senior executives, elected, or high-level government officials preferred.
· Exceptional writing skills and an ability to write in a variety of mediums.
· Significant experience supporting senior executives and excellent presentation skills.
· A broad-based knowledge of current events and major public policies.
· Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet tight and numerous deadlines.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Our talent acquisition and employment policies are inclusive. We respect both the spirit and letter of the laws of equal employment opportunity.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-05