As a member of the Public Affairs Council, every employee of your organization— worldwide and including all subsidiaries — is entitled to access the full range of benefits and services, including individualized counsel from our staff experts, discounts for nearly 100 highly rated executive education events and connections to an ever-growing community of professionals. For a comprehensive list of members-only resources and services, click here.
Are you new to your organization, or do you need an overview of your membership benefits? Membership orientation sessions are offered throughout the year (both in person and via teleconference) and review all of the Council’s major services, including community building with other public affairs professionals, executive education and access to staff expertise.
If you truly engage yourself with the Council, you may be selected as the Volunteer of the Year. Each year, the Council’s Executive Committee presents this award to recognize an individual from a member organization who has made an outstanding contribution not only to our association but to the public affairs profession.
Ready to get started? Here are ways you can get involved:
- Join a Council Network
- Apply to be a part of one of the Public Affairs Leaders Groups
- Engage with us on social media
- Attend a free event
- Become a mentor or mentee
- Volunteer in a leaders group
- Browse the membership directory and make connections
- Serve on the Board of Directors
- Encourage fellow public affairs practitioners to join the Council
- Attend a conference
- Become certified through one of two rigorous certification programs — the Certificate in Public Affairs Management and the Certificate in PAC and Grassroots Management — which strengthen practitioners’ expertise and prepare them for the next level of their career
- Volunteer to speak at one of our programs. Contact Kristin Hanley to discuss which programs and topics might be a match for you
- Share your ideas as a member of a conference planning advisory committee. Our conference advisory committees meet in-person and via teleconference to offer suggestions on the content of some of our major events, including the National PAC Conference, The Advocacy Conference and State and Local Government Relations Conference. Contact Kristin Hanley for details.
- Sponsor a conference
- Contribute resources to our virtual resource library
- We frequently receive requests from our members for sample PAC solicitation letters, organizational charts, job descriptions and issues management and crisis communications plans. We will gladly redact any identifying information from your documents at your request.
- Suggest a topic for our monthly newsletter, Impact. Contact Alan Crawford for more information.
- Participate in benchmarking surveys
- Get recognized for your leadership and innovation
Want to know more? Find answers to our most frequently asked questions.