Child Care Aware of America
|Organization:||Child Care Aware of America|
|Type of Position:||Full-Time|
|Experience Requirement:||> 10 years|
|Description & Details|
|Position Goal: The Director of Advocacy will further Child Care Aware® of America’s (CCAoA) mission by leading the charge in the establishment and management of a ‘Movement’ to advocate for safe, quality and affordable child care, and to increase CCAoA’s visibility in Congress and with the general public. The Director of Advocacy will be responsible for providing leadership and outreach on multiple projects, as part of a collaborative team, to mobilize and organize our members, volunteers, and aligned organizations.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Lead the development of Child Care Aware ® of America’s (CCAoA) advocacy agenda and campaign strategies and planning.
2. Partner with the Public Policy team and support the vision of the Chief of Policy to design and implement a child care advocacy movement strategy
3. Partner with the Chief of Policy department to craft campaign strategy and an implementation program that effectively leverages online and offline tactics,
4. Lead presentations and discussions at CCAoA’s on-site advocacy trainings, focusing on federal policy, advocacy, and lobbying.
Lead and create events to promote advocacy initiatives.
5. Conduct complex project management and oversight.
6. Speak and represent the organization on occasion with the media or at events.
7. Identify and build on opportunities to grow grassroots advocacy members.
8. Identify opportunities for financial partnerships and work with the development team to follow up as appropriate.
12. Support the development of effective relationships with partners, funders and others to further the campaign issue and the work of Child Care Aware of America Effectively communicate our messaging and mission of CCAoA to move child care agenda forward.
13. Participate and host coalition and program partner meetings and conference calls as a representative of Child Care Aware® of America.
14. Attend and summarize key hearings, meetings, and conferences.
15. Represent CCAoA and promote Public Policy agenda items in meetings with key stakeholders, including Congressional staff.
Reports To: Deputy Chief of Policy
· Minimum of a BA degree (Masters preferred) in Social and Public Policy, Government Affairs, Education, Child Development or related field.
· At least eight years of relevant experience in government, trade association, issue campaign or lobbying (Advanced education can be substituted for experience and/or years of experience can be substituted for the required degree).
· Demonstrated knowledge of legislative procedures, federal and state early care and education policies, and experience working with coalitions.
· Comprehensive knowledge of issue campaigns and 501c3 lobbying activities.
· Ability to analyze, understand and prepare brief issue papers on complex public policy issues quickly.
· Superior oral communications and advocacy skills.
· Superior written communication skills, including attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines when composing reports and proofreading materials.
· Ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and prioritize demands while contributing toward progress on issues impacting the early childhood community.
· Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, including excellent customer-orientation, and an ability to deal professionally with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally.
· Strong organizational, analytical, and strategic thinking skills.
· Ability to work independently, to work in teams, and to work well with individuals of varying backgrounds and skill levels to achieve goals.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to translate policy and reports to an easy-to-understand format
· Ability to communicate effectively about CCAoA’s projects with individuals who do not work within the early childhood community
How to apply:
Please follow these steps:
1. Please register as a Guest (After registering, you will receive an email to confirm registration,
complete the registration process) or simply sign into your membership profile.
2. Please submit a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Posted: April 19, 2017