February 3-6, 2014 — Eden Roc Renaissance – Miami Beach, FL
Follow the Council and the conference on Twitter @PACouncil #GRC13
Photos from last year
“I received lots of great information from experienced professionals, and I’ll use all of it for our grassroots program.”
– Tim Miller, senior program manager, communications and state advocacy, American Academy of Neurology
“The Grassroots Conference consistently delivers! The information is relevant, speakers engaging and the networking
- Monica del Rio,
community affairs and grassroots specialist,
Southwest Airlines Co.
“The conference has lots of energy and passion for grassroots.”
- Rick Eastman, legislative representative, Ameren Corp.
The largest and most comprehensive conference of its kind! For more than 30 years, the Council’s National Grassroots Conference has been the place to learn about state of the art practices. Concurrent sessions allow you to customize your learning experience. Topics to be covered range from nuts-and-bolts fundamentals to recruitment and retention of grassroots activists to conducting campaigns around the globe and online. This conference will give you strategies and tactics to improve your grassroots communication and increase your success.
“Sessions are always on target, and the networking is extremely valuable.”
- Amanda Uherek, director of government relations, Healthcare Leadership Council
Sessions for All Levels and Interests:
Perfect for experienced professionals and returning attendees looking to engage in “ahead-of-trend” discussions
- Advanced dialogue: Going Public and Engaging Customers
- 360-degree grassroots program case studies
- Grassroots Innovation Awards
- Grassroots on an international scale
New sessions designed to provide insights on the toughest challenges grassroots professionals are facing
- How do I fight issue fatigue and keep advocates engaged?
- It is personal. It’s not just business.
- What can I do about the skepticism about grassroots?
- How do I really integrate my grassroots, PAC and lobbying efforts?
- How can I build capacity to do more with less?
Great for communications and grassroots professionals charged with communicating internally and externally about advocacy
- The “eyes” have it: Video for grassroots case study
- External communications roundtables
- Employee and member communications
- Legislators in the social media puzzle
- What’s next in social media for advocacy
Sessions for all professional levels, including those starting a grassroots program
- Building a successful grassroots program
- Grassroots x 50
- Developing an in-district grassroots strategy
- Measurement tools and strategies
- Key contact and grasstops programs
- Lobby days and fly-ins
“Another great conference! I always walk away with good ideas no matter how often I attend.”
– Chris Amatos, manager, policy communications, American Electric Power