What is the Association Network?
The Public Affairs Council recognizes that associations face unique challenges and opportunities. The Association Network is a free network open exclusively to members of the Council who are employed by trade, business or professional associations. Network members can share ideas and challenges with peers, get solutions and best practices and build a network of association colleagues.
Association Network Chair:
Vice President, Communications & Public Affairs
National Retail Federation
What are the benefits of joining?
- Free educational programming targeted to association public affairs professionals on topics like member engagement, justifying your budget, and building successful PAC, grassroots and government relations programs
- Quarterly Association Network member meetings that include an educational component on a hot topic
- Networking opportunities to connect with other professionals
- Brown bag lunches and topical roundtables, free to Network members only
- Channels for providing feedback on current and future Council services
How do I join?
If you are interested in joining, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your name and the name of your employer
- Feedback on program topics and resources that would be most pertinent for you and your colleagues
Do you have an idea that you want to see as a future Association Network event? Email us!
December 12, 2017: Thinking Strategically for Managers
- Guest Speakers: Jeff Mascott, Adfero
August 1, 2017: Rising Through Association Leadership Ranks
- Guest Speakers: Julian Ha, Heidrick & Struggles; Greg Crist, Advamed; Jessica Falborn, National Restaurant Association; Katie McBreen, National Retail Federation
May 18, 2017: Webinar: Increasing Political Engagement at Your Association
- Guest Speaker: Jessica Cooper, National Federation of Independent Business
May 9, 2017: Association Network Roundtable Event: Reframing Your Policy Messaging
- Guest Speaker: Jeff Ostermayer, Edison Electric Institute
December 8, 2016: Strategic Government Relations Planning for 2017: Senior-Level Association Network Roundtable
- Guest Speaker: David French, National Retail Federation
August 24, 2016: Leveraging LinkedIn for Advocacy and Thought Leadership
- Guest Speakers: Jamie Carracher, America’s Health Insurance Plans; Tony Fontana, National Retail Federation; Dan Horowitz, LinkedIn
July 11, 2016: How Data Can Improve Association Advocacy
- Guest Speakers: Bryan Fratkin, Whistle Stop Digital and Ryan Vaillancourt, NationBuilder
May 24, 2016: Webinar: Obtaining Earned Media for Your Public Policy Agenda
- Guest Speakers: Neil Giacobbi, AT&T and Izzy Santa, Consumer Technology Association