Director, Advocacy and Policy
We unite, lead, and grow the endocrine community to accelerate scientific breakthroughs and improve health worldwide.
We envision a world in which advances in endocrine science, education and care promote optimal health and well-being.
We are unique in that our members are not only on the frontier of breakthrough research discoveries, but they also apply this knowledge in the treatment of patients with hundreds of debilitating hormone-related diseases and conditions such as diabetes, obesity, osteoporosis, thyroid disorders, and infertility.
Our headquarters is in Washington, DC, home to the largest concentration of science, healthcare, and policy organizations in the world. Internationally, our global connectivity continues to expand in the European Union, South America, India, Asia, and elsewhere.
How We Shape the Endocrinology Field
Whether or not you have heard the term endocrinology before, we all know someone who has diabetes, osteoporosis, a thyroid condition, infertility, hormone-related cancer, or another endocrine condition. We work hand-in-hand with our members to improve public understanding of these conditions and the way healthcare providers treat them.
- We publish emerging science in our peer-reviewed journals and books to promote breakthroughs in scientific discovery and care.
- We host the field’s largest scientific and medical meetings where experts exchange new ideas.
- We develop Clinical Practice Guidelines recommending the best evidence-based approaches for diagnosing and treating people with hormone conditions.
- We advocate for legislation and regulatory policies to advance health and science, both domestically and abroad.
We believe the quality of our products and services are direct results of our “team of teams” structure.
In service to our members and colleagues, we strive to ensure that every interaction embodies the spirit of the following core competencies.
- Ensures each interaction displays respect, honesty, and clear understanding of the situation
- Communicates in a clear and credible manner that is appropriate for the situation and audience
- Encourages constructive communication by actively listening, allowing others to express themselves, and remaining open-minded
- Nurtures an environment of trust that motivates and empowers others
- Demonstrates excellent customer service in all interactions with a spirit of openness and diplomacy
- Considers circumstances, perspectives, and concerns of others in all interactions
- Utilizes training and technologies to maintain service excellence
- Works collaboratively with stakeholders to achieve goals
- Values and seeks diverse perspectives
- Solicits input from team members and is willing to learn from the expertise of others
- Supports group efforts, including accepting responsibility for shortcomings and sharing credit for accomplishments
- Demonstrates leadership, or respect for leadership in others, in pursuit of the goals of the group
- Approaches tasks in a timely manner and with keen attention to detail, asking for assistance when necessary
- Identifies and leverages resources strategically to ensure goals are met and projects are completed with excellence
- Achieves measurable, high-quality outcomes in accordance with agreed upon goals and the Endocrine Society mission
- Encourages innovation by fostering an environment of creativity, willingness, and trust
- Envisions and executes innovative approaches to projects based on knowledge of internal and external environments
- Identifies the need for new strategies and modifies approach to achieve goals
- Evaluates risks and benefits when considering new ideas and improvements
- Approaches change in a responsive, willing, and positive manner
We believe in and empower our people. An investment in your growth gives you even greater potential to contribute to endocrine science and public health. We are committed to nurturing every staff member and supporting your continued career growth.
We take a unique approach to talent management by actively investing in our staff, one employee at a time. When you join our team, your manager also serves as your career coach. Together, you will engage in an ongoing dialogue about your individual interests and career goals. You and your coach will evaluate ways to leverage your strengths and unique workplace style to advance your career and identify opportunities for you to grow.
We provide our team with competency assessment tools to help you better understand the unique strengths you bring to the workplace. Using this data, our team will work with you to maximize your impact and support you as you pursue advancement opportunities.
Our goal is to support your well-being physically, financially and emotionally!”
Health and Welfare
- Choices to meet your individual and family health needs. We offer comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Our medical plans include fertility benefits
- We pay 100% group life insurance and income protection benefits such as short term and long-term disability benefits
- Healthcare, dependent care and commuting benefits and subsidies (FSA)
- When traveling you will have access to 24-hour emergency travel assistance
- Work-life balance environment by providing telework options, flextime schedules and bonus holidays
- Health screenings, flu shots and on-site wellness information
- Nursing mother’s room or mindfulness room
- Employee Assistance program
- Onsite Gym
- Bike racks, showers and lockers on site
- Employee wellness committee and social committee
- 403(b) retirement savings plans with 10% employer match and immediate vesting
- Group supplemental retirement annuity
- Free financial investment advice with certified consultants
- 12 paid holidays each year
- Annual leave (12 – 24 days per year, based on length of employment)
- Sick leave (12 days per year)
- Bonus days off granted for special events and occasions
- Located downtown DC close to metro stations and Georgetown
- We have designed unique spaces to gather and collaborate with teams
- Comfortable work stations with options for standup desks
- Environmental conscious with LEED constructed office
- Weekly fruit infused water
- We often host all staff lunches
- We celebrate each other’s accomplishments, anniversaries and birthdays with milestone awards and group lunches
- Endo buddy program for newly hired employees
- Discounts on various products like restaurants, movies, products including Microsoft products, Verizon and AT&T phone service
- All employees work off a laptop and have additional licenses for Office 365 for personal devices
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-15