Director of Communications
ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 100,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in both Marketing Automation and CRM All-In-One on G2.com.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 100,000 today to millions.
Reporting into the CMO, the Director of Communications will be a key member of the marketing leadership team and will own executive communications thought leadership, and internal communications across the globe.
What your day could consist of:
- Own corporate communications, including the corporate communications calendar reflecting key themes and initiatives
- Develop and execute global communications strategies geared towards driving category leadership, brand awareness, and strengthening the company’s market position
- Review/approval of all internal and external executive communications to ensure they are aligned to corporate narrative and CEO vision
- Develop a crisis communications practice and playbook. Manage fast-moving, and unexpected communications opportunities with judgment and professionalism
- Provide strategic internal communications counsel, focused on fostering positive employee sentiment and engagement
- Work closely with the Content Marketing team to ensure the development of compelling communications content
- Oversee the Public Relations function
- Partner successfully with the People team on strong and compelling employer branding
- Ensure a global mindset and perspective throughout the comms function
What is needed:
- Deep experience owning and leading end-to-end communication from conception through implementation
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Communications, and experience leading communications teams — including internal comms, executive comms, analyst relations.
- Experience launching products for global, world-class brands, and driving campaigns, communications and go-to-market initiatives
- Experience in a comms role within a fast-scaling global SaaS company is preferred
- Strong understanding of the world of product, corporate, consumer, enterprise and internal communications and have demonstrated experience in developing strategies that deliver the objectives of each
- Excellent marketing instincts and brand sensibility
- Comfortability taking story ideas from concept to launch – creating themes that can play through PR, social media, executive keynotes, general marketing, and internal messaging
- A track record serving as a trusted advisor to a CEO and executive team
Perks and benefits:
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We’ll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees, open vacation plan, generous 401(k) matching, free lunch and endless snacks and beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-11