Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Regulatory Affairs
AAAE is seeking an experienced professional to fill the position of Director of Regulatory Affairs. The successful applicant will be knowledgeable on airport planning and environmental issues to help AAAE advance key advocacy initiatives; increase engagement with key FAA/EPA/DOE officials; moderate meetings; and provide subject matter expertise and guidance across the association.
- Provide environmental and planning subject matter expertise for AAAE.
- Help manage key AAAE environmental and planning advocacy initiatives to provide added value to Federal Affairs members.
- Engage with FAA and EPA on key AAAE environmental and planning advocacy initiatives.
- Manage the Environmental Services Committee and drive member engagement.
- Manage AAAE meetings and conferences.
- Work with AAAE’s ACT Program to drive innovation in the airport community.
- Provide additional coverage for the Regulatory Affairs Department on a range of other policy issues beyond environmental and planning.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years of experience, 3-5 years of regulatory work experience required
- Intense attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, with ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent collaborative communication and interpersonal skills
- Team-oriented and ability to work independently
- Ability to analyze, summarize, and respond to regulatory proposals pertaining to airports and aviation
- Ability to collaborate, with appropriate leadership qualities
- Ability to independently manage production requirements and operational goals and projects, including ability to prioritize multiple and varied tasks within established deadlines
- Ability to interface and build relationships with legislative and federal staff with other aviation organizations and stakeholders
- Computer proficiency in Word; relational data base systems including Excel; Power Point
- Aviation experience and interest highly desired
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-09-18