Federal Public Policy Manager
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for an experienced Federal Policy Manager to join our fast-growing and fast-paced team! Based in Washington, DC, this position will be a key player in developing and implementing Lyft’s federal public policy and outreach strategies to advance the company’s long term business interests. In tandem with her/his colleagues on the federal policy team and cross-functionally throughout the company, the Federal Policy Manager will manage a portfolio of key issue areas and build stakeholder outreach program designed to deepen Congressional and Administration relationships while evangelizing Lyft’s brand on a national level. This position will require travel commitments.
- Manage Lyft’s agenda with the Administration, key Departments, and Agencies, such as DOT, HHS, DOC, and others; Members of Congress and staff; coalitions and third-party stakeholders
- Track ongoing regulatory, legislative and compliance efforts to ensure Lyft business efforts continues to stay ahead of market developments
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams to support Lyft’s business work
- Assist in developing policies that advance the Lyft platform
Experience & Skills:
- 7+ years of political, policy, legislative, campaign, and/or other related federal experience
- Law, public policy, business, or other relevant advanced degree preferred
- Natural connector and relationship builder
- A keen understanding of Congress, the Administration, federal agencies and key players
- The ability to navigate the federal landscape and think creatively
- Proven entrepreneurial and scrappy spirit
- Exceptional strategic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Self-starter; intrinsically motivated
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-05-06