Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Financial Policy Analyst
Economic Policy Analyst, 20/20 Vision
The position supports the work of an economic policy research and advocacy firm participating in the national economic policy-making process, working with legislators, academics, public interest groups, and progressive organizations via engagement in economic policy legislative and political projects with a principal focus on fiscal and financial policy.
The position involves working with a team of writers/researchers on policy products and projects relating to a range of domestic economic policy issues. It includes various administrative responsibilities. The work is a mix of legislative and political projects and offers hands-on experience collaborating with colleagues and partners and preparing deliverables for clients.
For reference, the archives of the group’s regular economic policy updates can be found at 2020visiondc.org.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Schedule: 40 hours/week or more; Flexible
- Proactive external advocacy guided by 20/20 Vision internal goals
- Research and writing on a range of domestic economic policy issues
- Assist in production and distribution of a regular newsletter
- Engage in coalition advocacy to promote progressive economic policies
- Administrative tasks such as planning meetings, taking detailed notes, tracking timelines for projects and specific to-do lists
- Occasional event planning and in-person event attendance
- Hill experience
- Background in financial/monetary policy
- Proven experience as a policy researcher
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures and office equipment
- Proficiency in MS Office/Google Drive
- Excellent time management skills, the ability to prioritize work, pay attention to detail, and troubleshoot problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree
Email email@example.com for more information on how to apply.
Job posted: 2023-01-11