Health Care Policy Analyst
The American Action Forum (AAF) is a forward-looking, non-profit policy institute dedicated to keeping America strong, free and prosperous. It seeks to promote common-sense, innovative, and solutions-based policies that will reform government, challenge outdated assumptions, and create a smaller, smarter government that will serve its citizens better. As a unique, fast-paced “action” tank, we use the modern tools of communications to deploy ideas; engage Americans in the debate over the boundaries of government policy, personal freedoms, and market incentives; and educate and challenge the media to explore these issues and shape the next generation of political leaders.
The Health Care Policy Analyst will work on the AAF health care policy team and with other AAF researchers on a variety of tasks. This position will be responsible for original research and analysis of health care policy proposals, legislative initiatives and enacted laws. The Health Care Policy Analyst will be expected to write multiple products each week including short research papers, congressional testimony as necessary, and short blog posts, while also supporting the Director of Health Care Policy with timely analysis and background memorandums. This position will, at times, represent AAF in meetings with stakeholders and on Capitol Hill.
A successful candidate will be a detail-oriented team player who combines a firm grasp of health care policy and a passion for public policy with exceptional quantitative research skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills are an absolute requirement.
This position will report to the Director of Health Care Policy.
Responsibilities and Duties
- This position is responsible for assisting with AAF’s health policy products, and must be proactive about pursuing research and locating data sources
- This position requires the ability to investigate a wide swath of relevant policy questions in order to succinctly explain key policy issues
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in economics, finance, business, public policy. Statistics coursework preferred.
- Broad working knowledge of the U.S. health care system and health care policy.
- Strong quantitative skills and demonstrable expertise working with MS Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities efficiently with little notice.
- An interest in working for a think tank that emphasizes smaller government, sensible conservative policy solutions, and smart policy options that benefit the American public and avoid unnecessary federal government overreach.
Health coverage, paid time off, retirement savings plan, cell phone reimbursement, gym membership. Salary commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample of no more than 1000 words.
Please note that this is a full-time position based in Washington, DC. The American Action Forum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or sexual orientation. We are unable to sponsor work visas for this project, and applicants will be asked to provide proof of ability to work legally in the United States after accepting a job offer.
Read more: https://www.americanactionforum.org/careers/#ixzz6jHNbEuaX
Follow us: @AAF on Twitter
Job posted: 2021-01-11