Health IT Policy Associate
Join Audacious Inquiry, a leader in the growing field of health IT. You will be part of our strategic consulting team working on innovative and cutting edge solutions to improve healthcare outcomes nationwide.
We are seeking a technically-savvy and high-energy professional to fill an Associate position. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting state and federal clients with health IT research and policy development.
- Research and understand relevant topics (electronic health records, health information exchange, consumer engagement, etc.).
- Develop reports targeted at various levels of understanding of health IT, including: legislators, state and federal agencies, providers, payers, and C-suite executives.
- Work with clients to develop and refine policies related to health IT.
- Manage client expectations and priorities.
- Basic project management, including development and maintenance of project plans and regular status reporting.
- Keep current with health IT industry news and developments.
- Build and manage relationships with health information exchange organizations, state HIT coordinators, electronic health record vendors, and health information exchange vendors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in health IT policy, public policy, political science, or other related field; M.S. or advanced degrees preferred.
- A minimum of 2-4 years of related experience in a hospital, public health agency, or payer preferred
- Strong written communication skills needed. Experience developing/writing reports for publication is highly desired.
- Base understanding of policy related to health IT preferred, including: Meaningful Use, privacy and security/HIPAA, health information exchange, and electronic health records (EHRs)
- Ability to manage priorities, both individually and for a team.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple job duties, including personal time management and organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to quickly understand technical concepts.
What Makes You a Great Fit for Audacious Inquiry:
- You are a lifelong learner and passionate about learning new things, taking on new challenges, and continually improving.
- You thrive in a fast-moving, challenging, and collaborative environment.
- You are solution-driven with an ability to understand the big picture
- You have great analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You have exceptional communication skills and an ability to synthesize information.
- You are highly organized, detail oriented, and able to work autonomously with minimal direction.
- You are looking for an opportunity with a company that is mission driven and has a great culture.
What Audacious Inquiry Offers:
- Working with and learning from the top talent in the healthcare IT industry in the US – we are thought leaders in health information technology and policy. Our team is passionate about making healthcare more connected and we love to share our knowledge and learn from each other.
- Making a real difference in healthcare on a large scale and improving healthcare outcomes for individual patients – you’ll get to work on meaningful, cutting edge projects and feel good about the work you’re doing. Check out the case studies on our website for examples!
- Performance based compensation – we ask for high performance from our team and we make sure to recognize and reward high performance with competitive compensation.
- Growth and professional development – we’re invested in every Ai team member and we encourage our team to pursue opportunities to grow their skills, and make sure you have a path for growth at Ai that you’re excited about.
- Benefits and perks – we cover the full cost of health insurance for employees and most of the cost for dependents, along with a full suite of benefits, including 401k matching, monthly wellness bonuses, cell phone reimbursement, paid time off, and a lot more.
- Our culture – this is one of the best things about working with Audacious Inquiry, and one of the things we’re most proud of. We’re inclusive, we’re collaborative, we’re supportive, and it’s fun here! Check out our careers page and our social media for some recent examples.
The In-house Legal Counsel position may include access to protected health information (PHI) and confidential information. The successful candidate will be required to complete training and must handle all PHI appropriately according to Ai policies, and all applicable laws and regulations.
Ai is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Audacious Inquiry is deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. We seek to create a pluralistic community for all team members and we are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage all people to apply.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-12