Manager of Public Policy
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Supporting interaction and participating in meetings with key policy makers at the federal and state level, including legislators, administration officials, and the various departments and agencies to promote Rivian and its electrification and transportation technology mission.
· Anticipate and influence new policies, legislation or regulations that may help or hinder Rivian’s mission and introduction of EVs generally.
· Cross team with various Rivian teams, including Corporate Strategy, Engineering, Manufacturing, Customer Experience and others to ensure policies and laws maximize support for EVs, advanced transportation systems and supporting products, while ensuring impediments from such policies and laws are minimized.
· Support strategic planning and execution of policy initiatives to support Rivian’s specific goals and EVs generally.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· A minimum of 5-8 years of direct experience engaging policymakers, legislators and/or regulators in the areas of transportation, clean energy, or technology.
· A track record of superior accomplishment and ability.
· An understanding of policy, legislative procedure and regulatory processes with an ability to draft, read, understand and work with statutes and regulations.
· Ability to work with autonomy in a fast-paced and dynamic atmosphere with the ability to work cooperatively with a diverse group of partners and stakeholders both internally and externally.
· Familiarity with transportation, energy and environmental issues.
· A strong work ethic and “can-do” spirit.
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task on diverse issues simultaneously
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher from a recognized & reputable educational institution (JD degree preferred but not required).
· Willingness to travel (up to 50% or more).
This is where you’ll work:
Location: Washington, D.C. area
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-08