(c ) Management, Inc.
The Association of Community Cancer Centers (ACCC) is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills and an interest in health policy to assist the Director in advancing the legislative agendas of our clients.
The Policy Analyst will report to the Director of Health Policy and assist in developing and advancing clients’ legislative and regulatory priorities, maintaining relationships with outside stakeholders, managing projects for the policy department on a variety of healthcare and oncology-related policy issues, and regularly communicating with client boards, including giving presentations at client meetings. This position will specifically manage state policy portfolios for several clients, including communicating with state government officials, participating in coalitions, and advocating for specific bills and regulations at the state level.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Manage issue-specific projects that are designed to raise clients’ profile with the media, Capitol Hill, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), state legislatures, regulatory bodies, and other agencies.
- Monitor and track legislation related to reimbursement, Medicare and Medicaid, ACA implementation, clinical trials, payment and delivery system reform, workforce issues, and legislative and regulatory payment systems. Keep the Director informed and summarize impacts for clients.
- Maintain an understanding of reimbursement and policy issues applicable to the oncology and/or health care communities by reading trade publications and attending pertinent meetings as requested.
- Work with the policy team to keep clients updated on legislative issues by maintaining policy sections of client websites, writing blog posts and legislative alerts, and contributing newsletter/magazine articles to internal and external publications.
- Attend client meetings and regularly present on legislative topics.
- Participate in outside meetings and collaborate with a variety of other advocacy groups and policy experts to identify areas for ongoing advocacy efforts.
- Work closely with internal meetings staff to identify speakers and develop policy content for meeting agendas.
S/he will serve as a resource to the Director of Health Policy, the Executive Director and the clients’ Board(s) of Trustees and assists with a variety of projects and activities. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required to interact with member health care professionals, Congressional offices, state legislatures and industry leaders. Strong organizational skills are required to track multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, produce high-quality materials and ensure that clients and members receive excellent services. The individual in this position demonstrates a strong interest in developing his or her knowledge of company/association policies, procedures, products and services to appropriately perform the duties outlined above. The individual also demonstrates an interest in developing his or her knowledge of the health care environment and the ability to handle projects independently when necessary.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years of experience on Capitol Hill, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) or related health care agency, trade association or organization in the health care field. Knowledge of the legislative and regulatory process is required, and knowledge of reimbursement issues and/or Medicare in the cancer care setting is preferred. S/heshould possess strong analytical abilities and high quality written and verbal communication skills. Knowledge of both Congressional and state level policy making. Excellent time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities. Superior professional and interpersonal skills to maintain relationships with clients and outside organizations. Overnight and local travel is an essential function of this position (approximately 25%).
(c ) Management, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Life and AD&D insurance, STD & LTD, and a Health Saving Account Plan. Paid vacation, sick, and personal days, holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan, a Tuition Reimbursement benefit, free parking and more!
For consideration, please submit a resume with cover letter and salary expectations to:
Job Posted: August 15, 2017