A job opportunity currently exists in the DC office as indicated below. Interested employees that meet all the qualifications listed may submit an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Employee referrals that meet all the qualifications listed may apply for this position at www.nfib.com/careers. Internal candidates should be in present position six months to be eligible for consideration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Public Policy or similar.
- Three (3) to four (4) years’ experience in a legislative office, government agency, public policy think-tank or similar. Advanced degree in public policy or economics helpful with fewer years of practical experience.
- Critical thinking skills and analytical abilities are necessary, including meticulous attention to detail. Must be a team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite products, including Excel required. Basic understanding of statistical computer programs (eg, SPSS) a plus. Must be resourceful and have the ability to conduct ongoing, independent research.
- Experience working with government data sets and programming skills desirable.
- Position requires excellent organizational, research, writing, and computer skills, as well as the ability to multi-task.
The Policy Analyst provides in-depth research and analysis of public policy issues. Will assist in the production and development of small business surveys and other public policy related research projects. This position will review, edit and write reports, assist in survey management; gather and analyze external small business-related data; and work on econometric model studies. The Policy Analyst will manage web content, social media and other tasks as need.
Must communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; work outcomes must meet and / or exceed productivity and quality standards. Must be able to work as part of a cooperative team environment and independent of direct supervision; adhere to Company and Department policies and procedures, including regular and predictable attendance.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-05-11