We are Germany’s leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We’re driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients’ real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
Within the department it is the mission of Regulatory Affairs Americas to:
- Provide information and advice to allow senior management to meet regulatory and political challenges
- Build Deutsche Bank’s profile as trusted voice and thought leader in regulatory policy debates
- Engage constructively with regulatory and political audiences to ensure future policy supports the continued growth of competitive financial markets
We do this by:
- Information – Providing information to identify and raise awareness of new and changing regulations covering new or amended rules and regulations issued by the Bank’s regulators and other relevant policy making bodies. Acting as Deutsche Bank’s center of expertise on important national, regional and international regulatory proposals and policy developments. Providing analysis and intelligence for key clients on relevant issues.
- Coordination – Linking Deutsche Bank’s business and control functions to ensure we have a coordinated view of regulatory developments and how they are likely to affect our commercial interests. Coordinating expert input from across the Bank to develop effective Deutsche Bank positions on regulatory policy issues and ensure consistency in our messaging to regulatory and political audiences.
- Advocacy – Monitoring policy debates and involving experts within the business, in order to make sure that Deutsche Bank is in a position to engage strategically and effectively in order to shape the direction of policy debates. Working with experts across the Bank to make sure that Deutsche Bank has a positive profile and that we are seen as a respected voice on issues affecting the financial markets.
The Americas Regulatory Affairs team is based in New York. The team is part of the Global Regulatory Affairs team, which has staff in Frankfurt, London, Hong Kong, Singapore and New York. The team operates a matrix structure with people in each region aligned to four thematic branches: Prudential & Resolution, Markets Regulation, Retail and Digital.
The team is responsible for identification and advocacy elements of the Bank’s regulatory adherence framework and works closely with not just compliance and AFC, but across business and infrastructure divisions. It is a small but highly motivated team and hard-working team, where there is an onus on partnership and everyone has the opportunity to add value and develop.
In addition to exposure to all key regulatory policy developments and support across key advocacy topics across the team, specific responsibilities of this role will include:
- Supporting Regulatory Adherence effort in the Americas, which is focused on identifying new and proposed rules, alerting business and infrastructure teams of relevant rules and working with key stakeholders to determine potential impacts
- Supporting the development and delivery of a range of other standing briefs delivered across the team
- Monitoring and tracking upstream regulatory policy debates and emerging proposals in support of regulatory adherence process
- Helping to develop Deutsche Bank positions and responses to selected public consultations on key policy issues
- Providing support to the work within the team to assess of impacts of regulatory changes
- Helping to provide advice and to support the business and infrastructure functions to ensure consistent and coherent regulatory interactions and input to trade associations
- Providing input to the development of Deutsche Bank’s advocacy strategy on key issues to relevant official sector bodies
- Helping to develop effective processes for updating and supporting communication of key regulatory developments within Deutsche Bank and supporting the education of internal stakeholders as to implications
- Support the drafting of position papers, internal and external presentations, to advance understanding of issues
- Contribute to continuing to raise the profile of the policy team via engagement with internal stakeholders and client support
Over time you will also be given responsibility for specific policy topics with the opportunity to build product and business knowledge and to represent the Bank externally.
You will have:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to managing multiple projects in parallel and prioritizing time to ensure tight deadlines are met
- The experience to be able to interact confidently and effectively with senior management
- An appetite to digest significant amount of information quickly and identify what is important
- Experience in working collaboratively across teams and colleagues in different regions
- The ability to solve problems proactively and be able to build and sustain relationships and handle conflict and pressure
- A strong interest in regulatory policy and the political process that shape them. Experience of working with regulators or policy makers would be a strong advantage
You will be:
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant subject
- Post graduate qualification desirable
Regulation, Compliance & Anti-Financial Crime
Regulation, Compliance and Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) protects the integrity and reputation of Deutsche Bank. It manages the Bank’s risks and help to avert unintentional rule breaches and conflicts of interest. At the same time, we also advise the bank on ethical conduct and governance issues and keep the bank up to date on regulatory and political challenges.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-03-20