ABOUT THE JOB
As Instacart’s Policy Counsel, you’ll work cross-functionally with Instacart’s legal, policy, communications, and finance teams to help execute our federal, state and local policy efforts. You will play a key supporting role driving Instacart’s public policy objectives.
- Background should demonstrate experience drafting and editing legislation or statutory proposals. Interest and passion for drafting model legislation
- The position will be responsible for tracking, monitoring, and advising on state and federal legislative and policy issues
- The position will oversee ethics, lobbying, and compliance reporting
- Candidates should have solid legal and policy backgrounds complemented by strong business acumen, strong analytical, writing, and negotiation skills, and be enthusiastic, well organized, and team-focused
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, and a good sense of humor are all essential
- Experience managing simultaneous legislative outcomes across employment, tax, privacy, food safety, and future of work issues
- J.D. with strong academic record and demonstrated record of success as a lawyer focusing on public policy
- Member of Bar of office location or eligible to register as Registered In-House Counsel
- 6-8 years of experience drafting legislative proposals, policy principles, legal opinions, and executive talking points
- Self-starter with a sense of humor, self awareness, and the ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-01-29