American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), a membership organization dedicated to the advancement of women’s health care in Washington, DC, is currently seeking a Policy Strategist. The Policy Strategist, Health Economics will provide in-depth research, analysis, and strategic recommendations related to proposed rules and regulations regarding health care reimbursement from public and private payers of health care services. Produces information on the implications of governments actions for policy relevant to ACOG’s members and the patients they serve. Writes and issues reports of anticipated government actions and closely monitors opportunities for engagement. Will closely monitor and provide insight on proposed policy from Health and Human Services (HHS), Centers for Medicare & Medicated Services (CMS) the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Innovations (CMMI) and other related federal healthcare policy organizations. Cover Letter Required.
As a result of COVID-19, ACOG employees are working in a temporary remote capacity. This is temporary, and normal business hours and in-office duties will return to normal once federal and state guidelines deem it is safe to return into the office. Employees are expected to return to ACOG’s National office located at 409 12th, Southwest Washington DC, 20024.
- Provide analysis and recommendations on policy implications regarding health care payment and practice, to include value-based payments initiatives and innovation, quality payment initiatives and various practice related laws and regulations
- Establish relationships with key federal policy makers, including staff from HHS, CMS, CMMI, AMA and related congressional offices that influence physician payment and practice
- Establish relationships with federal stakeholders that develop policy for, or advocate on health care payment policies, quality payment, alternative payment models, telehealth, health IT and other issues related to physician payment and practice
- Provide recommendations for short- and long-term solutions to issues related to physician payment and practice
- Produces reports and recommendations to help senior leaders make informed decisions regarding advocacy issues surrounding health care payments and practice
- Act as a liaison with internal and external stakeholders to develop recommendations for payer advocacy
- Provide customer service to ACOG members regarding questions/concerns regarding physician payment and practice issues
- Collaborate with Communications teams to design and implement initiatives to communicate payer advocacy work to members and key external stakeholders
- Conducting policy assessments and outreach to strengthen awareness and compliance with operational policies throughout ACOG and external.
- Gather statistical data and other information to explore issues and craft solutions.
- Collaborate with Government Relations, Health Policy, and other teams at ACOG to implement advocacy and educational initiatives for members and key external stakeholders
- All other duties as assigned
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, master’s degree in public policy preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in public or private health policy analysis, including healthcare finance and/or health policy
- Experience in women’s health policy, health systems or physician organizations highly desired
- Demonstrated experience in planning and leading complex projects with health policy and translating results
- Knowledge of federal regulatory processes required along with agency structures
- Ability to develop relationships and build trust and credibility with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent research, writing, analytical, quantitative skills required
- Collaborative approach to working with internal colleagues, members, and external stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or other related software
Home to more than 58,000 women’s health care professionals, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) is a membership organization leading advancements in women’s health. When you become part of the ACOG team, you’re part of an organization that values communicating evidence-based, peer-reviewed information about women’s health to members and the general public. ACOG supports its members by maintaining authoritative clinical guidance, providing continuing medical education resources, patient education materials and more. Together with our members, we are working to transform the future of women’s health by delivering a compelling member experience, supporting the ob-gyn profession, and advocating for improved women’s health.
Paid Parental Leave – Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace – Flexible work schedule – Commuting Allowance – Generous Paid Time Off – Holiday Pay – Life Insurance – Community Volunteering Opportunities – Generous 401(k) Company Contributions – Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – Learning Opportunities and Tuition Reimbursement – Company-Sponsored Team Outings – and more!
ACOG is an EEO employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. As a federal government contractor and in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, the College takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is the Law. The College also participates in E-Verify.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-26