ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 100,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in both Marketing Automation and CRM All-In-One on G2.com.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 100,000 today to millions.
ActiveCampaign is seeking a PR Manager who will help elevate brand awareness through several different outlets, in addition to building relationships with key media professionals. In this role, you will work closely with the future Director of Communications to drive a comprehensive public relations program. You will also coordinate with the AC marketing and executive team, other internal stakeholders, our public relations agency, reporters, influencers and customers to drive awareness of ActiveCampaign.
The ideal candidate is an outstanding connector, storyteller, and thrives in a fast-scaling environment. They will have experience pitching, writing, and are eager to learn and share the ActiveCampaign story to support the growth of the organization.
What your day could consist of:
- Build relationships with various media outlets and influencers
- Refine stories and pitch media to build brand awareness that drives sales, recruiting, and retention
- Partner and manage relationships with outside agencies as necessary
- Share product launches and company announcements with the media
- Create and publish press releases, contributed articles, and thought leadership blog posts
- Support award and speaking submissions to leverage our thought leaders
- Own awards programs– including trade awards, corporate awards and best places to work
- Work to leverage our small business customers around the globe to share how ActiveCampaign has helped grow their business
What is needed:
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, high-growth environment under tight deadlines
- Proven success obtaining press for a scaling SaaS company
- 5+ years of public relations and corporate communications experience
- Superior verbal and written communications skills – must be an exceptional writer and copy editor who can turn complex topics into compelling messaging
- Strong track record of success using PR to elevate brand awareness, position an organization as a market leader, and drive inbound interest
- Established relationships with journalist that cover our industry
- Prior experience managing communications for technology companies that serve marketers
- Experience in a global/international environment
Perks and benefits:
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We’ll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-11