PR Senior Account Executive
If you are a PR specialist looking to use your creativity to drive social change, then this is a great opportunity to join our five-person team at PKPR (www.pkpr.com).
In our 15+ years, we’ve helped to curb fake news on Facebook, build the restorative justice movement, secure same-sex marriage in New York State, launch Lin-Manuel Miranda’s career, and position a podcasting startup to be acquired by Spotify for $56 million.
The ideal candidate is someone who has:
- Experience in nonprofit, politics, or public affairs, particularly within racial justice, education, the arts, the environment, or tech policy
- A pulse on current events, media trends, and pop culture—and a sense for how clients can capitalize on it
- A track record of placing stories in a range of national media
- Excellent writing skills and experience in writing op-eds, press releases, and pitches
- Ability to develop and execute media strategies
- Experience in managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, communications, or journalism
- 3-6 years of experience in PR including day-to-day account management, media relations, and writing
- Based in the New York City area. The position, however, will be work from home for next several months at minimum
Benefits — we offer a competitive salary and benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Paid time off between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
- Summer hours from Memorial Day to Labor Day
PKPR is committed to diversity among its team and it is our policy to recruit and hire without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability. We encourage all applicants to apply. If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted: 2021-02-25