Market Mentors is an established, full-service advertising, marketing and public relations agency located in Springfield, Mass., serving clients with global reach. Our team is growing, and we are now accepting resumes for a Public Relations Specialist. This person will work closely with the Market Mentors PR and Content team and its clients. This is not a telecommuting opportunity or an entry-level position.
The primary function of this job is establishing and maintaining relationships with members of the media by writing and pitching press releases and other media communications following AP Style, responding to requests for information and coaching client representatives in the correct way of communicating with the public and the media. Other aspects include but are not limited to: crafting compelling copy for various marketing pieces such as blogs, web content and other digital/social campaigns as well.
The most successful candidates will possess the ability to be persistent and assertive in achieving results, and do so by having exemplary inter-personal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work independently.
- Pitch reporters and editors across print, broadcast and online (locally, nationally, and internationally) to interest them in covering clients’ stories
- Conduct background research for clients including news topics and journalist interests to support pitches; maintain media distribution lists and use media tools to distribute and manage pitches
- Produce copy for a variety of executions including press releases, company listings, case studies, website copy, blogs, social media posts and digital communications incorporating best practices for search engine optimization (SEO)
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Advertising, Marketing, Business, Communications or related field
- 3-5 years’ minimum relevant experience
- Proven ability to pitch to members of the media, running campaigns that deliver measurable results
- Creativity in securing coverage and buzz with traditional outlets
- Demonstrate writing excellence when crafting press releases, blog posts and advertising copy
- Deadline-oriented, with great follow-up skills
- Understanding of social media and solid experience working with bloggers
- Responds well under pressure with strict time limits
- Fantastic interpersonal skills, team player
- Ability to channel feedback into opportunities for professional development
- Market Mentors is a full-service advertising, marketing and PR agency. We strive every day to be among the ranks of world class professionals and leaders, and that is why every team member must complete the Performance Dynamics Program. If you think you’ve got what it takes to be one of the best, we want to hear from you! Learn more about our firm: www.marketmentors.com
No phone calls please. No telecommuting. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Great benefits including health, life, and 401(k). Fun and creative working environment.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-23