Public Policy Director
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Global Policy and Government Affairs team is looking for a Public Policy Director to join us in Washington, DC. In this role, you’ll contribute to and advise on our public policy agenda. You will work to strengthen Red Hat’s presence with governments, public authorities, opinion leaders, and in other appropriate forums including inter-governmental organizations. You’ll report to Red Hat Vice President for Global Public Policy and Associate General Counsel, and will be a part of the team managing the agenda of public policy and regulatory issues that impact the company, open source, and technology innovation.
Primary job responsibilities
- Collaborate across Red Hat’s legal department and other business functions to design and implement plans for engaging governments, public authorities, opinion leaders, and other organizations to affect positive change for Red Hat and open source generally
- Work on complex issues and provide in-depth evaluation in areas like technology and innovation policy, open source and standards adoption, intellectual property legislation, government technology initiatives, and public sector digital transformation
- Advocate and educate at regional, national, and international levels
- Promote the role of public policy within Red Hat, as well as with senior leaders in government and the public sector; encourage meaningful participation by Red Hat associates on grassroots policy efforts as needed
- Provide government affairs support to public sector sales teams at Red Hat, including the federal sales business with information, strategic guidance and fulfillment of outreach to federal government leaders
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; graduate level degree is a plus
- 10-12 years of experience in relevant and similar role and responsibilities
- Experience in exercising judgment and delivering high quality results
- Solid understanding of subject area to advise and provide guidance within area of expertise
- Solid writing and public speaking skills
- Ability to work with minimal guidance on complex issues
- Experience in the software or IT field is a plus
- Knowledge of expanding global and emerging markets is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-02-13