Public Policy Manager
To support our goals as an industry leader, we are seeking a Manager, Public Policy to join our dynamic Corporate & Government Affairs team in our San Diego office. The Manager, Public Policy will have a broad focus within project-based work and will lead initiatives and processes that include legislative drafting, policy analysis, and the creation of content suitable for both internal and external audiences across a range of corporate topics. Specific tasks may include drafting legislation and testimony, tracking legislation at both the state and federal levels, and drafting collateral for external legislators and stakeholders. Additionally, the Manager will conduct research relating to legislative and regulatory issues of importance to the business and manage Encore’s Political Action Committee.
Excellent writing, critical reasoning, and project management skills are essential, as is the ability to cultivate and maintain relationships with internal business partners throughout Encore. Candidates must be able to analyze data from a variety of sources, and must possess exemplary interpersonal skills, including the ability to network effectively, develop rapport, generate interest and excitement, and work with others to achieve a shared goal.
The ideal candidate will bring strong prior public policy and government affairs experience, solid business acumen, and an understanding of corporate messaging and storytelling. This individual must have superior writing, editing, and relationship management skills, and must be able to manage various workflows and balance competing interests and priorities.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Conduct statutory drafting and policy analysis of current and pending legislation, in consultation with appropriate business and corporate personnel, to determine impact on Encore’s operations and business model
- Monitor, and provide timely and insightful reports related to developments and trends attendant to Encore’s legislative affairs priorities, which will include tracking and prioritizing legislation
- Create content for internal and external audiences across a range of corporate topics, including collateral, talking points, written testimony, and policy briefs
- Manage Encore’s Political Action Committee
Desired Skills and Experience
- Preferred knowledge of debt collection public policy issues or operations.
- 3-7 years’ experience in public/government service; previous legislative analysis and drafting experience a plus
- Solid understanding of federal and state legislative processes and general knowledge of agency policy making processes a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Word and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with social media tools and platforms a plus
- Exceptional writing, editing and communication skills. Proven ability to work across groups and think creatively about options and possibilities
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-05-06