JOIN US WHERE IT ALL BEGAN.
Whether you design clothes or business strategies, crunch numbers, lead projects or write code, we have a place for you at our Seattle headquarters. And we think Seattle is a pretty great place to live. More than just rainy days and coffee, Seattle has it all — mountains and beaches, arts and parks, music and film. It’s made up of quirky neighborhoods, award-winning restaurants, and thriving industry. Come see for yourself!
A day in the life…
The ideal Director of Public Relations is responsible for leading and supporting a comprehensive crisis communication plan and aligning our Business/CSR/Public Affairs strategies with leader-developed 2020 company goals and industry trends.
- Create, lead and execute corporate social responsibility communications strategies for internal (employee, leaders, board) and external audiences (customers, media, stakeholders).
- Manage robust internal and external corporate social responsibility communications strategy through internet, video, intranet and annual reporting.
- Serve as corporate representative with shareholders, community groups and organizations.
- Support significant reputation-impacting survey submissions, SRIs and shareholder proposal responses.
- Developing PR strategy around technology and innovation, including support of key digital experience offerings and technology talent initiatives.
- Support Nordstrom Rack PR team around store openings and business strategy.
- Work closely with senior leaders to manage proactive and reactive reputation, issues and crisis communications and messaging for external and internal audiences
- Work closely with business units across the company, including Risk, Legal, Human Resources, Privacy, Loss Prevention, Social Media, Finance, Strategy, Corporate Development and others, to mitigate issues and, when necessary, develop strategic response plans for impacted customers, employees and media.
- Serve as national media spokesperson and stakeholder representative; coach and train other company leaders to be spokespeople or serve as company representatives.
- Support company leaders during speaking and media events by providing strategic messaging and logistical guidance.
- Develop and implement media and public relations strategies -Q&As, press releases and presentations -to communicate about key customer service, community-oriented programs and other business initiatives.
- Direct business public relations efforts for the overall company, including stores, e-commerce, real estate and corporate development.
- Manage financial communications and support quarterly earnings results; manage annual report.
- Develop messaging and PR strategies to support the company’s ongoing growth and key initiatives.
- Regularly report to leadership on relevant coverage and other communications matters.
- Oversee maintenance of all business messaging, company fact sheets, bios and other corporate materials.
- Handle internal communications about company results.
- Support leadership-level presentations, including the annual meeting and keynote addresses.
- Maintain a high level of expertise about retail and financial markets.
You own this if you…
- Highly experienced communicator with a record of managing successful public relations for a leading brand and/or Fortune 500 company.
- Strong background in media relations and working with the press; experience coaching executives on media.
- Ability to build consensus and lead across departments and all levels of the organization.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofing skills.
- 10-15 years’ experience in PR, corporate communications, investor relations, marketing or related field.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and when facing tight deadlines.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and able to make sound decisions without a lot of direction.
- Must be solutions-driven and detail-focused.
- Ability to manage well to achieve results.
- Willing to travel.
We’ve got you covered…
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, a fabulous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan and much more depending on your role.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work employees can expect within this particular job classification. It is certainly not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required for this job.
Job Posted: March 12, 2017