National Marine Manufacturers Association
The NMMA is seeking a Public Relations Manager for our Government Relations Department with offices on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC. The NMMA is the principal trade association in the U.S. and Canada for the manufacturers of recreational boats and marine products.
The PR Manager is responsible for all internal and external Government Relations communications programs as well as key NMMA and boating industry communications and PR efforts. You are a self-starter who thinks strategically. You can see the big picture and figure out how to connect the dots to deliver smart communications solutions and results. You thrive working with a team but you can also perform well solo with little supervision. You get excited about challenging yourself and growing. You have fun supporting your colleagues and helping them realize success.
- Developing and executing annual communications strategies that effectively communicate the marine industry’s position on key issues.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with influencers including media, Congressional and administrative office press staff, and partner organization PR and communications staff and communicate with these influencers on a regular basis to drive coverage, support and collaboration.
- Writing and editing numerous communications materials including talking points, presentations and speeches, press releases, media alerts, news articles, issue briefs, infographics, and more.
- Overseeing all communications needs for the industry’s annual fly-in, the American Boating Congress. This includes assisting with some event planning activities.
- Drive all PR and communications related to government relations events. Events may include stakeholder/member meetings, press briefings, Congressional briefings or testimony, speaking engagements, and fundraisers.
- Provide day-to-day communications counsel to federal and state government relations teams
- Be the in-house expert on all-things government relations, ensuring key messages are shared with the larger organization and industry to ensure seamless integration of important advocacy efforts throughout the industry.
- Manage all media outreach and reactive media surrounding government relations and the marine industry.
- Working alongside the larger PR team, provide daily content for the NMMA’s Currents newsletter—a daily newsletter for thousands of stakeholders within the recreational boating industry.
- Provide PR support as needed for the NMMA’s east coast-based boat shows.
- Daily monitoring, posting and engagement with key audiences on Twitter on behalf of the NMMA.
- Work alongside the NMMA’s in-house creative team to develop communications, marketing and other materials to clearly deliver information to key audiences and positively represent the industry.
The PR Manager will have excellent media relations skills; strong writing and editing skills; working knowledge and experience in social media; and experience generating media coverage for an event. The PR Manager must be a self-starter who can work well independently but who can also thrive as part of a team. Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or marketing preferred. At least four years of experience with at least one year at a PR agency or communications firm required.
As a member of this team you will receive a competitive salary, full benefits, 401k, and a great location in the heart of Capitol Hill. If you are a confident, problem solver with a background on the Hill and in PR, we want you to come aboard! Experience on the Hill is desired but not required. A combination of PR agency and corporate/in-house experience is ideal.
To apply: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=nmma&ccId=19000101_000001&type=JS&lang=en_US#
Job Posted: February 25, 2017