Public Relations Manager
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing strategic plans and creative ideas that promote the brand, products and services
- Managing the creation and execution of proactive public relations, experiential and social media influencer strategies to further American Express business objectives and promote key American Express programs, benefits and experiences
- Providing leadership and strategic counsel to cross-functional teams – across marketing, experiential, advertising, product and social media disciplines
- Writing media messages, talking points, Q&A, press releases, social posts and internal memos
- Liaising with executive leadership to manage their internal and external presence
- Continuing strong media relationships with key contacts
- Partnering with social media team to support campaigns on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram
- Managing PR agency teams and other external partners who contribute to and support key PR campaigns and initiatives
- Acting as a spokesperson on behalf of the company
- Providing crisis communications support and counsel for complex business issues
- 5 – 8 years of Public Relations experience preferred, PR agency experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Deep understanding of the changing media landscape and the ongoing news cycle
- Deep external communications experience and relationships among consumer / lifestyle, entertainment and business media
- Experience with executive communications
- Experience writing for social media – short, succinct and pithy
- Comfortable working with all levels the organization and proven ability to influence and persuade
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and a willingness to take charge and drive results
- Ability to think creatively and problem solve
- Ability to work with and manage PR agencies, including motivating teams and managing budgets
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects with different leaders
- Ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines and establish clear priorities quickly
- Crisis communications knowledge
- Able to deal with confidential information without exception
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-04