Public Relations Specialist
The Public Relations Specialist is responsible for developing and managing the outreach and engagement in support of suicide prevention programs/initiatives for the Defense Suicide Prevention Office Program Support Services (DSPO). DSPO is the focal point for all suicide prevention strategic development, implementation, centralization, standardization, communication, and evaluation of DoD suicide programs, policies, and surveillance activities.
Position is in Alexandria, VA with possibility to work remote or at the Mark Center.
Responsibilities include, but not limited, to the following:
• Analyzes DSPO objectives, promotional policies, and needs to build public relations strategies in accordance with the requirements of the Office of the Secretary of Defense and Department of Defense requirements.
• Gather and consolidate input in coordination with government staff in the development and implementation of Media Monitoring and Response Plan(s) Updates and maintains organization’s digital content.
• Collaborates with DSPO staff to identify trends and evaluate advertising to determine whether it is in sync with the organization’s public relation efforts.
• Develop and manage the outreach and engagement Section 508 Compliance program. The contractor shall ensure accessibility requirements are met as defined by current Section 508 (29 U.S.C. 794 d) as amended by the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (P.L. 105 – 220), August 7, 1998 for final Government deliverables.
• Assist in coaching DSPO staff in effective communication with the public and employees.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Maintains the organization’s image and identity.
• Master’s Degree in Public Relations, Information Operations, Communications or similar field.
• At least 5-10 years of experience in the suicide prevention field or in a related area.
• Must have experience with DoD public affairs.
• Skilled in Social Listening and Social Intelligence.
• Familiarity with DoD Manual 5110.04-M, Volume 1, DoD Manual for Written Material: Correspondence Management and DoD 5110.04-M, Volume 2, DoD Manual for Written Material, is preferred.
• Familiar with a variety of suicide prevention concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to effectively collaborate as a team member.
• Active DoD Clearance is preferred.
• Possibility to telework when needed.
Vistra is an integrated marketing communications and consulting agency serving small businesses, nonprofits, large corporations, state and local governments and federal government agencies. Our diverse team of professionals is passionate about helping our clients reach their goals.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-term/Long-term Disability Insurance, 401(K) Retirement Plan Matching, PTO, Paid Holidays.
Job posted: 2020-05-01