Regulatory Affairs Manager
The Manager of Regulatory Affairs will be responsible for Regulatory affairs for LS Power in the Western United States. Reporting to the Sr Vice President, Transmission & Interconnection, this person will help develop and coordinate LS Power’s regulatory responses, filings and representation for all key proceedings at the CPUC, CAISO and other organizations within WECC. The Manager, Regulatory Affairs will coordinate with other LS Power affiliates participating in similar regulatory or governmental proceedings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Organize company effort in regulatory participation, including relationship management at CAISO, CPUC and other entities in the WECC
- Participate in CAISO stakeholder process, CPUC proceedings and other IRP proceedings in the West.
- Formulate company’s position and file comments on stakeholder initiatives and proceedings at CAISO, CPUC & FERC
- Stay abreast with legislative matters, including working with the lobbyist, forming company positon on bills, as relevant to LS Power business in the West
- Manage 3rd party consultants in areas of responsibility & provide regular updates to the team on regulatory matters
- Coordinate Western regulatory activities with affiliates, CPower, EVgo, DesertLink
- Participate in and represent LS Power with certain industry trade organizations
- Customer Relations – help manage certain important customer relations and contacts
- Resource and contributor for power and transmission origination and Business Development opportunities
- Provide Regulatory support to the Asset Management & Market Operations team in California
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS or BA in Political Science, Marketing, Public Policy, Engineering or an Energy Sector related field
- 5+ years professional experience in the energy industry
- Experience performing advocacy and representing companies at Governmental agencies, with elected officials and staff, and with media in California and the Western U.S.
- Ability to draft and advocate filings and interventions in governmental and regulatory proceedings
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to travel to company offices and to various state government and legislative meetings when required
- Strong organizational, management, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and decision making skills.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-10