Regulatory Affairs Manager
Under direction of the Chief Compliance Officer and in collaboration with Executives and leaders through the Bank, the Regulatory Affairs Manager is responsible for supporting the Bank’s risk management posture through support of regulatory exam, audit liaison and risk assessment coordination activities.
The incumbent will be responsible for oversight and overall coordination of regulatory exam activities. These project management functions include facilitating readiness and preparation efforts; guiding delivery of document requests, initial and ad hoc; and supporting meeting plans and delivery through project tracking, document creation and analysis. The incumbent will be the main point of contact with the regulators conducting exams and will ensure appropriate communication across the Bank. The incumbent will provide targeted area support, remediation response review and on-going progress reporting through the life-cycle of the exam.
The incumbent will be responsible for coordination efforts related to independent audits, including schedule review, entrance and preparation needs, communication, remediation response review and progress tracking.
The incumbent will support evolution of the Bank’s risk assessment program, including ensuring the definition of business line responsibilities and a delivery model that will enable periodic attestation of the control environment. The incumbent will support on-going risk assessment activity, managing the overall schedule, ensuring business line delivery, acting as a subject matter resource, where needed and monitoring remediation activities associated with the risk assessment results.
Incumbent will deliver Risk Management Reporting to enable leadership awareness of remediation progress associated with the spectrum of opportunities as noted through exams, audits and risk assessments as well as other review processes leveraged by the Bank.
Incumbent must have strong organization, critical thinking and analysis skills. Incumbent must have strong risk management experience as well as a familiarity with rules and regulations governing the banking environment. Excellent oral and written communication skills with stakeholders at all levels, including the Board of Directors are required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversees the Bank’s regulatory affairs activities, acting as the point of contact for and facilitator of regulatory exams (Safety & Soundness and Compliance).
- Ensures seamless delivery of exams, through communication with examiners and Bank leaders, efficient assignment and timely upload of requests and management tracking of requests, meetings and exam outcomes.
- Responsible for scheduling meetings, tracking milestones, identifying risks to target dates and assisting in preparing updates and related work.
- Coordinates Bank’s audit activities, acting as liaison with independent auditors and business leaders to support delivery of the audit program. Supports schedule review process as well individual audit delivery, including scheduling entrance, ad hoc and exit meetings, ensuring document delivery and timely management responses.
- Facilitates the Bank’s Management Response process for exams and audits and reviews adequacy of responses to ensure timely and complete remediation of identified opportunities.
- Ensures structure of and consistency to the Bank’s Risk assessment and quarterly ‘risk control’ attestation process, tracking business line delivery and remediation activities and acting as a subject matter resource.
- Works closely with business leaders in a collaborative manner to support on-going delivery of expectations related to exams, audits and risk assessments.
- Creates risk management reporting to ensure on-going awareness of findings, remediation status and risks to delivery across the spectrum of opportunities noted through exams, audits, risk assessments as well as level 2 monitoring and self-identified issues reported by business lines.
- May participate in Executive Level Risk Management meetings as well as meetings of the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Expected to complete his/her duties with discretion and confidentiality reflecting the sensitive nature of the work and to be comfortable with working under a deadline.
- Complies with all policies and procedures as applied to the Bank’s BSA/AML policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent influencing and judgment skills.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of risk management practices and ability to inform, influence and enable adoption through the organization.
- Strong project and process management.
- Ability to collaborate with team members across the Bank organization, including Executives.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Office environment with job duties conducted via telephone, face to face meetings, and on the computer.
This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift files and opening cabinets. This position requires bending, stooping or standing as necessary.
Travel may be required for this position.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Six years of experience in a similar role in financial services industry.
- Risk management and/or regulatory management certifications preferred.
Learn more here
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job posted: 2020-09-18