Senior Associate Regulatory Affairs
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 600 people who are as passionate about emissions-free transportation as you are.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
In this position you will report directly to the Head of Regulatory Americas and work closely with the global Public Affairs and Regulatory as well as the broader Commercial and Operational teams across the organization.
You will further develop and implement our strategy for making our entry-into-service in the Americas happen by 2025. The responsibility of this role covers all aspects, needed for entry-into-service (Air ops, Air crew, Airports, Airspace integration, etc.) as well as the interface with authorities on the European as well as the member state level.
This is a full-time position based in our office in Washington DC.
Your Day to Day:
- Work across the organization to develop and implement our regulatory strategy for the U.S. and other countries in the Americas
- Build and utilize relationships with FAA and other aviation regulators to work towards the setup of our operations in the U.S. as well as progressive change in regulations, needed to scale our operations on the basis of them
- Develop regulatory proposals and manage applications to various regulators
- Establish and maintain two-way communication with relevant official bodies and stakeholders
- Participate and represent Lilium’s interests in various industry groups
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
- Outstanding track record in world class companies in the field of Regulatory Affairs with 10 plus years of experience
- Deep aviation regulation knowledge, ideally from multiple perspectives (airmen, airports, part 135, etc.)
- Top track record of effective regulatory changes
- Proven understanding of aviation law
- Strong academic credentials essential
Life at Lilium:
You are joining us as we are building our global footprint. While the current COVID-19 restrictions mean that many of us are working remotely we are still making the most out of this time. Meet fellow colleagues via our culture sessions and free weekly yoga classes, or improve your German or English with our free language courses.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-04