Senior Campaign Manager
The Senior Campaign Manager (SCM) will be responsible for building a campaign team, inclusive of staff and consultants, and incorporating the skills of passionate and talented staff from across the organization to create dynamic and effective issue advocacy campaigns.
The SCM will manage the day-to-day programs that include robust policy, applied research, and communication plans. This role will also be responsible for managing budgets, a variety of vendors, and creating full-scale plans for issue campaigns. This role is a key leadership role at FairVote and will report directly to the Executive Vice President for Policy and Programs.
Post-graduate degree in related field and five+ years experience in the field of electoral reform preferred. Other key qualifications:
· Commitment to a just and inclusive government and passionate about preserving and strengthening our democracy.
· Experience working as part of a team with people from diverse racial, ethnic, political, and socioeconomic backgrounds and are committed to that approach at FairVote.
· Experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple constituency groups, elected officials, and organizational viewpoints in considering the impact and outcomes of decision-making.
· Extensive experience designing and managing large-scale issue advocacy or similar type campaigns in legislatures.
· Excellent verbal and written communicator and can present to diverse audiences.
· Possess a talent for working with partner organizations and forming meaningful organizational collaboration.
· Experienced people manager and a talented leader.
· Ability to develop strategic plans that work–and orienting numerous people and tactics around achieving goals.
· Experience with advocacy to affect congressional legislation and connections within political parties is a plus, and a willingness to try new and innovative tactics alongside traditional approaches is a must.
· Experience managing large and complicated budgets.
· Demonstrated success in negotiating with and managing numerous outside vendors.
· Experience using public opinion and other research sources to inform the program.
Please send materials specified in job posting to email@example.com with the job title you are applying for in the subject line.
Job posted: 2020-09-17