Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Manager, Public Policy
DailyPay is the leader in the on-demand pay industry with an unrivaled technology platform, an unmatched list of blue-chip clients and an extensive list of industry awards. We are rewriting the invisible rules of finance by creating a new financial system. A financial system that is more equitable and inclusive, and benefits everyone. A financial system that enables workers to access their earned pay when they need it. We believe that money should move faster and smoother between employer and employee, between merchant and shopper, between financial institution and customer.
We are a mission-driven company hyper-focused on designing technology that can build a better financial system and future. It’s no wonder that we are growing at an extraordinary pace. Now we are looking for people who are as passionate as we are about reimagining how money moves. If you’re willing to define new rules, change systems and lives, come join us at DailyPay.
Reporting directly to the Director of Public Policy, the Senior Public Policy Manager will drive DailyPay’s federal government affairs strategy and partnership work. Based in Washington, DC, this remote role will help guide consultants and lobbyists to support DailyPay’s positioning and presence with regulators and policymakers across Washington, DC. In addition, you will be the lead liaison to DailyPay’s community partners and help to drive that strategy as well.
If this opportunity excites you, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications.
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Design, refine, and execute a federal affairs strategy that proactively best positions DailyPay across multiple audiences within the DC policy and political ecosystem
- Help advance DailyPay’s public policy agenda at the federal level, with ongoing relationship building and advocacy across the legislative and executive branches of government, not specific to just relevant jurisdictional committees and agencies
- Help coordinate DailyPay’s nonprofit and other third party partnership engagements, as DailyPay executes a national policy agenda with relevant federal and state policy decision makers
- Work closely with DailyPay’s public policy, communications, legal, and compliance departments to direct legislative and regulatory analyses related to portfolio issues
- Assist with state legislative and regulatory public policy efforts as needed and wherever relevant
What You Bring to The Team:
- 5+ years of federal government experience required
- Demonstrated experience utilizing research, policy communications, and direct lobbying to achieve policy outcomes
- Established bi-partisan relationships and experience working with both the legislative and executive branches
Nice to Haves:
- Experience monitoring legislative hearings, bill tracking, drafting advocacy materials, and engaging with policymakers, regulators, coalitions, and other stakeholders preferred
- Proven track-record developing legislative priorities and advancing public policy objectives
What We Offer:
- Exceptional health, vision, and dental care
- Life and AD&D, short- and long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Resource Groups
- Fun company outings and events
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K with company match
Final offer amounts are determined by a variety of factors including candidate experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, market location, and internal compensation equity.
DailyPay is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable culture of belonging, grounded in empathy and respect, which values openness to opinions, awareness of lived experiences, fair treatment and access for all. We strive to build and develop diverse teams to create an organization where innovation thrives, where the full potential of each person is engaged, and their views, beliefs and values are integrated into our ways of working.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to join us on our mission. If you require reasonable accommodation for any aspect of the recruitment process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for accommodation will be addressed as confidentially as practicable.
DailyPay is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, political affiliation, marital or partnership status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth (or related medical conditions), sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, genetic disorder, genetic predisposition, carrier status, military status, familial status, or domestic violence victim status and any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-05-21