Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Policy Director
The Senior Policy Director provides client leadership, in-depth policy and health care market insights, legislative & regulatory analysis, and strategic guidance and support on a wide range of client issues and matters. The ideal candidate will balance strategy, subject matter expertise, and client & team. They will have a deep expertise in Medicare Part A and B policy-related issues, including provider reimbursement issues, the Quality Payment Program, value-based payment, and alternative payment models. Clients include some of the top health plans, provider organizations, industry coalitions and associations, Fortune 100 companies, and U.S. and international health care innovators. The ability to pursue research questions, analyze complex and evolving trends and synthesize and communicate findings (written and verbal) in a fast-paced environment is a core requirement of the position. Title and compensation will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Co-lead a team of analysts to provide strategic direction, insights, and analysis to clients on various aspects of health care policy, market and economic trends, regulations, legislation, and operations.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in value-based payment and alternative payment model design.
- Deliver both strategic and tactical policy and implementation recommendations to clients.
- Monitor and analyze evolving health care issues and related reports and synthesize and track trends for the team.
- Oversee and support the firm’s development and writing of updates for external stakeholders, with the help of content experts, as necessary.
- Conduct background research and data analysis as necessary to support development of health policy and strategic business materials.
- Research and support development client-facing materials, including drafting and editing written materials for clients, such as formal papers, memos, PowerPoints, and comment letters.
- Bachelor’s degree required and 5-10 years of experience in health care policy and government affairs. Applicable graduate degree in public policy, heath law, or related field preferred. Title and compensation will be commensurate with education and experience.
- In-depth understanding of how health care is financed and delivered in the U.S. including working knowledge of Medicare Advantage, Medicare FFS, Medicaid, exchange markets, employer health plans, health care reform, public health, life sciences, and quality measurement.
- Experience analyzing and providing recommendations on existing and potential Center for Medicaid and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI) models, including experience directly interacting with CMMI.
- Strong research and analytical skills with attention to detail and familiarity with health care data sources (required) and business/market analytics.
- Excellent writing and communication skills and the ability to present complex information to internal and external audiences with varying backgrounds and in a variety of formats, ranging from PowerPoint presentations and short summaries to detailed memos and white papers.
SENIOR POLICY DIRECTOR
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Self-managed with proven skills to use initiative and time management to prioritize work and deliver results.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and juggle multiple activities and priorities with tight deadlines.
- Professional demeanor and presence including the ability to handle confidential information.
- Must have a desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and creative environment and to meet the needs of multiple clients as they arise.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please send resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate “Senior Policy Director” in the subject line.
Applicants not providing salary requirements will not be considered.
Job posted: 2022-08-03