Senior Public Relations Manager
- Plan media relations and reputation management programs for clients with a focus in healthcare, nonprofit, federal government, and military/veterans
- Execute national and regional media relations programs targeting consumer and industry media through satellite media tours, desk-side press briefings, interviews, op-eds, matte releases, and feature story placements
- Support development of reputation management protocols, messaging, and consulting during crisis situations
- Implement spokesperson training with high-level executives
- Manage communications outreach that support public affairs programs targeting stakeholders and press on key issues and legislation
- Oversee community and press events, including press conferences and Facebook Live
- Conduct influencer outreach via bloggers, YouTubers, and celebrities
- Prepare press releases, keynote speeches and promotional material
- Build press lists, coordinate press interviews with clients and track media clips
- Pull analytics to assess program performance, create reports that communicate impact and make recommendations for continual improvements
We’re looking for candidates with these qualifications:
- 6 to 8 years of public relations experience with a strong focus on media relations
- Proven track record for successfully pitching and placing stories with national, trade and local media outlets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational and planning capability
- Conceptual thinking and ability to translate complex ideas into straightforward and compelling content, specifically press releases, blogs, op-eds, and pitches
- Proven ability to work collaboratively on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Experience with public relations analytics and reporting, and familiarity with industry tools such as Cision and Critical Mention
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or Marketing with a PR focus
We offer generous benefits, bonus and profit-sharing opportunities. This full-time position is in our Annapolis office.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume here.
Crosby is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job posted: 2020-07-02