Sr. Manager Government Affairs
The Sr. Manager works in partnership with the heads of Public Policy and Government Affairs (PPGA) to develop messaging resources for stakeholder engagement to build credibility in the community, respond to external pressures, and help identify and mobilize internal and external partners.
Most importantly, the Sr. Manager will serve as an important conduit between Government Affairs and Corporate Communications to ensure alignment and collaboration on external communications.
- Build and direct strong, proactive, well-defined messaging resources (e.g., infographics, community engagement recap one-pagers, letters, PowerPoint presentations, etc.) to elevate and promote Government Affairs community initiatives and programs in the U.S that aligns with PepsiCo’s Winning with Purpose agenda and /or the jurisdictional priorities.
- This includes developing an external quarterly U.S. PPGA newsletter which highlights PPGA’s stakeholder engagement, community programs, and noteworthy projects. Also, utilizing internal communications platforms (Yammer and PEPFeed) to raise awareness with internal associates of our community engagement from sponsorships, facility tours with local elected officials, and mini-grant donations.
- Work closely with the Head of External Affairs to develop collateral materials that can be shared with local officials on PepsiCo’s relevant state activities and PepsiCo’s initiatives related to priority legislative issues.
- Coordinate with regional business units working for groups on PepsiCo-specific messaging for Industry Days in various state capitols, City Halls, and trade association meetings.
- Serve as an important conduit between Government Affairs and Communications to ensure there are a seamless partnership and collaboration on aligning any external communications.
- Partner with Corporate Communications on seeking and securing local media opportunities to elevate PPGA North America’s community partnerships, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7-10 years proven a track record in public policy, corporate communications or public relations field
- Experience in the retail, consumer products Industry, or public affairs
- Excellent written, verbal and advisory skills, including speech-writing and graphics experience
- Proven project management skills, including the ability to manage several projects/events at once, and prioritize accordingly to deliver under tight deadlines
- Ability to work across various functions and interface with senior-level executives
- Understanding of and experience with media and digital communications tools
- Willingness to travel as needed
#LI-USARelocation Eligible: Eligible for Limited Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-02-11